Different Single Player setting to imitate Multiplayer (mod idea)

DonaldDuck

Most things in Multiplayer is based on a timer, what if instead of a timer for stuffs with spoilage, it's calculated using REAL TIME like windows' time. So for a stack of meat if harvested at 3:00 pm, with 10 mins spoilage in player inventory it will spoil at 3:10 pm and apply for the others in the same stack.

Same with raising baby, if it is hatched at a time, then it will undergo everything since that time to however long is needed for a change, be it maturation, or food use. So everything is updated when saving the game and if quit the game, everything will be calculated accordingly when loading the savegame. What I can't think of is if windows time needs correction or for some reason it needs to be changed. But aside from that, it seems possible, right ? or what scenarios would make this not possible ?

This can maybe be an idea for a mod since devs already decided differently for Single Player. 

This is for just PvE since there is only one player in Single Player, and there are quite many PvE player that play solo in multiplayer server and it's doable for most of the game content.

• DonaldDuck changed the title to Different Single Player setting to imitate Multiplayer (mod idea)
2 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

This is for just PvE since there is only one player in Single Player, and there are quite many PvE player that play solo in multiplayer server and it's doable for most of the game content.

I suspect that the fact PvE servers already exist explains why neither WC nor any modders would ever bother going this. Developers and especially moders are primarily interested adding things to a game that don't already exist. Even assuming it's possible, it would take quite a bit of work to make a mod that would do this, and the easy alternative is simply to play on a PvE server.

SP already has a ton of admin command built into the game that allow people to make the game as easy or as hard for themselves as they want to, as well as a ton of settings for things like spoil timers, maturation rates, etc. Enough of these things already exist that making a mod for which the only function is to replicate how time passes on a server probably looks like a waste of time and effort to modders.

And honestly, a big reason why many people play SP in the first place is they explicitly want to avoid building decay, offline timers, etc. It would be surprising if more than a relative handful of people would want to use a SP mod like this.

This is, of course, just one person's opinion, I could be wrong. You might find some modder who thinks this is an interesting idea, but...

5 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

I suspect that the fact PvE servers already exist explains why neither WC nor any modders would ever bother going this. Developers and especially moders are primarily interested adding things to a game that don't already exist. Even assuming it's possible, it would take quite a bit of work to make a mod that would do this, and the easy alternative is simply to play on a PvE server.

SP already has a ton of admin command built into the game that allow people to make the game as easy or as hard for themselves as they want to, as well as a ton of settings for things like spoil timers, maturation rates, etc. Enough of these things already exist that making a mod for which the only function is to replicate how time passes on a server probably looks like a waste of time and effort to modders.

And honestly, a big reason why many people play SP in the first place is they explicitly want to avoid building decay, offline timers, etc. It would be surprising if more than a relative handful of people would want to use a SP mod like this.

This is, of course, just one person's opinion, I could be wrong. You might find some modder who thinks this is an interesting idea, but...

You're right, I remember spawning everything in SP and it's just not worth playing anymore., it's better to play on a server. And even when playing solo and never bother interacting with other people, knowing there are other people also playing in the same world counts as a 'multiplayer', SP is just too lonely and hard to set boundary on what to cheat and what to not cheat.

It's just a passing thought that I thought might be interesting for SP, but now that I remember my last SP playthru, seems like SP is only good for testing/experimenting with stuffs.

Archived