Confused by nintendo shop pricing

wiccanx

• Volunteer Moderator

Ok here we go.

"When do the maps release?
Scorched Earth is available on November 1st in North America as part of ARK: Ultimate Survivor Edition. For those who already own ARK: Survival Evolved, you can obtain Scorched Earth by purchasing the Season Pass (which also grants access to Aberration & Extinction upon release) or the Ultimate Survivor Upgrade (which grants access to all expansion maps upon release). All of the aforementioned items will be available for European players on November 8th and Australian players on November 9th."

So if you already own the game, the $39.99 upgrade gets you all of the DLCs (when they are released).

Find the pricing less confusing and more rather cheeky.

I bought the game in 2018 at full price (digital 55 euros)
Now after the update where the price was reduced to 20 euros I can pay another 40 euros if I want the rest of the content. As an old player I get a total of 95 euros.

As a new player who would not have it before, you can have the same content on the switch for only 50 euros.

That's quite a slap in the face for Day 1 buyers and anyone who bought it before the update or overhaul was even announced.

When there were reports that the previous owners would get a free upgrade to the Ultimate Edition, it only sounded fair. But unfortunately that seems to have been misinformation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2022 at 3:21 AM, euka said:

Find the pricing less confusing and more rather cheeky.

I bought the game in 2018 at full price (digital 55 euros)
Now after the update where the price was reduced to 20 euros I can pay another 40 euros if I want the rest of the content. As an old player I get a total of 95 euros.

As a new player who would not have it before, you can have the same content on the switch for only 50 euros.

That's quite a slap in the face for Day 1 buyers and anyone who bought it before the update or overhaul was even announced.

When there were reports that the previous owners would get a free upgrade to the Ultimate Edition, it only sounded fair. But unfortunately that seems to have been misinformation.

yep agree

those like me that bought the game cart do not get the dino discovery.

the re release said those purchased the game early and later gets it free but eshop says those who purchased ultimate ed gets it free. nof sure if digital owners gets it free.

poopting on those that supported on first release.

• 1 month later...

Archived