Strange crashing

Rekoo

hello there! 

My ark has mysteriously crashed alot of times since a couple of days back, i didnt change anything tho O.o

here is the crash log ^^

Fatal error!

VERSION: 349.14 
ShooterGame.exe!FMeshMaterialShader::SetMesh<FRHIVertexShader * __ptr64>() (0x00007ff6ca9dbb07) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\shaderbaseclasses.cpp:319]
ShooterGame.exe!TBasePassDrawingPolicy<FNoLightMapPolicy>::SetMeshRenderState() (0x00007ff6ca8e1de2) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\basepassrendering.h:774]
ShooterGame.exe!TStaticMeshDrawList<TBasePassDrawingPolicy<FNoLightMapPolicy> >::DrawElement() (0x00007ff6ca8e6adc) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\staticmeshdrawlist.inl:109]
ShooterGame.exe!TStaticMeshDrawList<TBasePassDrawingPolicy<FNoLightMapPolicy> >::DrawVisibleInner() (0x00007ff6ca8dbf50) + 55 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\staticmeshdrawlist.inl:273]
ShooterGame.exe!TGraphTask<FDrawVisibleAnyThreadTask<TBasePassDrawingPolicy<FNoLightMapPolicy> > >::ExecuteTask() (0x00007ff6ca8d6f13) + 14 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:871]
ShooterGame.exe!FTaskThreadAnyThread::ProcessTasks() (0x00007ff6c9288cc6) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:1257]
ShooterGame.exe!FTaskThreadAnyThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() (0x00007ff6c9288a1e) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:1150]
ShooterGame.exe!FTaskThreadBase::Run() (0x00007ff6c92873db) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:622]
ShooterGame.exe!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() (0x00007ff6c936ce66) + 0 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:73]
ShooterGame.exe!FRunnableThreadWin::GuardedRun() (0x00007ff6c936cd28) + 8 bytes [f:\build\lostisland\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:26]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff86c8e7034) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff86dd626a1) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff86dd626a1) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

help is VERY much appreciated!  :) 

1 hour ago, Larkfields said:

Are you running any mods?

my servers that my community is playing on is running about 26 mods, but the servers arent running from my pc, its a hosting website that is hosting them ^^
and none of my community members have the same problem :/ 
i mean, i have a gtx 3060TI, with 32gb RAM,  my pc shouldnt have any of these problems

2 hours ago, Rekoo said:

my servers that my community is playing on is running about 26 mods, but the servers arent running from my pc, its a hosting website that is hosting them ^^
and none of my community members have the same problem :/ 
i mean, i have a gtx 3060TI, with 32gb RAM,  my pc shouldnt have any of these problems

Mods run both on the server and on your PC at the same time, that's why you have to have the mod installed if you want to play on that server.

The first thing you need to do is disable all mods and try playing on any map in "Local/Host" mode, just to make sure that the basic game can work for you. If you can not run the game in Local/Host then your install of ARK is the problem, but if you can run the game in Local/Host then your install of ARK is good and the problem is coming from a mod.

Just because other people can do it does not prove that a mod is not causing your issue. With that many mods it would matter what order your system loads the mods as you join the server.

But before we start talking about mod details you need to run your game with ALL mods disabled just to see if it works, that's the first step.

11 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Mods run both on the server and on your PC at the same time, that's why you have to have the mod installed if you want to play on that server.

The first thing you need to do is disable all mods and try playing on any map in "Local/Host" mode, just to make sure that the basic game can work for you. If you can not run the game in Local/Host then your install of ARK is the problem, but if you can run the game in Local/Host then your install of ARK is good and the problem is coming from a mod.

Just because other people can do it does not prove that a mod is not causing your issue. With that many mods it would matter what order your system loads the mods as you join the server.

But before we start talking about mod details you need to run your game with ALL mods disabled just to see if it works, that's the first step.

ive tried this now. i played by local (singleplayer) and it crashed after aprox 20 min, same when i hosted a session, both without mods.

and as said, both crashed after aprox 20 min

6 hours ago, Larkfields said:

The error message suggests an issue with graphics.

1. Have you over clocked your graphics card or CPU?
2. Try turning Ark's graphics settings down to see if that lets the game run.
3. Run the Windows memory checker to see if your RAM has developed a fault.

1. nope
2. i will try this now :) 

3. i will do that too ^^

8 hours ago, Rekoo said:

ive tried this now. i played by local (singleplayer) and it crashed after aprox 20 min, same when i hosted a session, both without mods.

and as said, both crashed after aprox 20 min

I just need to check one thing, when you say that you're playing "both without mods", that means you've gone up to the "Mod Settings" > "Active Mods" and removed all of the mods from the Active section, so  your screen looks like this before you start playing. Is that correct?

image.png.6396eb1b7ad33afb6bde7bfbcab91f15.png

15 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

I just need to check one thing, when you say that you're playing "both without mods", that means you've gone up to the "Mod Settings" > "Active Mods" and removed all of the mods from the Active section, so  your screen looks like this before you start playing. Is that correct?

image.png.6396eb1b7ad33afb6bde7bfbcab91f15.png

indeed ^^

6 hours ago, Rekoo said:

indeed ^^

Thank you for confirming. :)

Here's what we know so far:

* It's not the mods

* It's not ARK's program code because this isn't happening to other people.

* Therefore it's something on your computer.

Everything in that error message seems to indicate a graphics issue:

FMeshMaterialShader, SetMesh, FRHIVertexShader, shaderbaseclasses.cpp, TBasePassDrawingPolicy, FNoLightMapPolicy, SetMeshRenderState, basepassrendering,
TStaticMeshDrawList, DrawElement, staticmeshdrawlist.inl, DrawVisibleInner, runtime\renderer, FDrawVisibleAnyThreadTask, taskgraphinterfaces

So the next step is to check the driver for your video card. You need to check and confirm that you have the most current version of the driver for your card. Even if Windows tells you that you have the most current driver installed, don't believe it. Go to the manufacturer's web site and see if there is something more recent. Sometimes a newer video driver will be available from the video card manufacturer but that new version does not automatically update in Windows.

Overheating can cause these problems.   Clearing heatsinks of hair and dust , making sure fans are spinning properly.  Also, blowing compressed air into fans can burn them out if you don't hold them still while cleaning.   Burned out fans can still spin and appear to be working, but won't spin fast enough to displace enough heat to be considered working.

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

Thank you for confirming. :)

Here's what we know so far:

* It's not the mods

* It's not ARK's program code because this isn't happening to other people.

* Therefore it's something on your computer.

Everything in that error message seems to indicate a graphics issue:

FMeshMaterialShader, SetMesh, FRHIVertexShader, shaderbaseclasses.cpp, TBasePassDrawingPolicy, FNoLightMapPolicy, SetMeshRenderState, basepassrendering,
TStaticMeshDrawList, DrawElement, staticmeshdrawlist.inl, DrawVisibleInner, runtime\renderer, FDrawVisibleAnyThreadTask, taskgraphinterfaces

So the next step is to check the driver for your video card. You need to check and confirm that you have the most current version of the driver for your card. Even if Windows tells you that you have the most current driver installed, don't believe it. Go to the manufacturer's web site and see if there is something more recent. Sometimes a newer video driver will be available from the video card manufacturer but that new version does not automatically update in Windows.

i have nvidia experience, so im keeping my drivers up to date ^^

9 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Overheating can cause these problems.   Clearing heatsinks of hair and dust , making sure fans are spinning properly.  Also, blowing compressed air into fans can burn them out if you don't hold them still while cleaning.   Burned out fans can still spin and appear to be working, but won't spin fast enough to displace enough heat to be considered working.

this can actually be the proplem, ive felt ALOT of heat coming from the pc when playing ark lately, ill check that! :)

3 hours ago, Rekoo said:

i heard from a friend that battleye (for some reason) caused him to have bluescreen problems 😮 
can that be the cause? whay do you peeps think? :)

If you're noticing a lot of heat when you play ARK...

1) Do you have a case that has good fans and good ventilation?  I can tell you from both personal and professional experience that the computer and video card must have good cooling or a variety of problems can happen that feel random. Heat is your enemy.

2) If you do have good fans and a case that gives good cooling, take a look inside and see if the video card and/or CPU need to be cleaned. Don't use a can of compressed air to blow the dust off of components, that's a common practice that is a bad idea. It may remove most of the dust but it also pushes dust into the nooks and crannies on the motherboard, in between the CPU and the cooling fan, and pretty much any place else that you don't want dust to get jammed in to. You can use regular household vacuum with a good, soft brush that will pull dust off of things. It's better to vacuum and leave a little dust behind than to use compressed air and force dust into cracks.

Archived