Help

Franz13

Is it an official server?  If so, the decay timers depend on the material (thatch for the lowest to tek for the highest).  

This will show you the decay timers.  Note that the highest for tek teleporters is 40 days, but the highest for tek walls is 20 days:

I lost all of my bases and tames from 4 years of playing as a tribe of 1 when my character disappeared in a transfer.  Despite putting in a support ticket on the same day, my turn was not called until 2 months later when it was too late and 4 years of progress in breeding lines, gear and structures had decayed.  I learned a valuable lesson about ark bugs and support that day.

3 hours ago, Franz13 said:

I was afk for about two weeks in pve and when I logged in all of my buildings and tames were gone... This doesn't make any sense since the decay timers I've seen on buildings and structures is usually 100+ days... What happened to my account..?

Tames only have 8 days out of pods until they will blank.  The tames blanked 6 days before you logged back in.   Any wooden structure like ramps and whatnot would have blanked at the same time.  Stone would have made it to about the 2 week point.  If that was gone , you went in just after that.  If you had metal structures instead, your stuff might have survived, the wires would have been gone, but if you had replaced them before you opened your cryofridges, the pods would have been ok.  Also, cryofridges can last much longer than your structures.  If you put them on the ground, not on top of a foundation, they can last even longer.  Simply turn a generator on and power them up before opening and all tames would survive.

The longest decay timer that I know of is 80 days as seen on dedicated storages, there is no structure with a timer longer than that as far as I know.

You can always face your structures and hold down H key, you will see the decay timer for each structure piece that way.  Then you know how much time you have.

Wow, thanks for the input... That explains why only my vault survived... My base was stone, so it turned to dust... Kind of misleading because when you play and look at a structure like somebody's base, it seems to indicate that it has a much longer decay timer, something like 100 days... I can't believe a game on a computer that is designed SPECIFICALLY TO STORE INFORMATION, would do something like this, without even mentioning it, seems like a helpful tidbit of info that could be given while the ark is loading along with the banal info that they do give you... I certainly hope Ark 2 is better than this...

• Volunteer Moderator
25 minutes ago, Franz13 said:

I can't believe a game on a computer that is designed SPECIFICALLY TO STORE INFORMATION,

It's designed to temporarily store information.

PvE servers are junked up enough as it is with the current decay rates. If they didn't exist, the servers would be filled with junk that people who haven't been playing for weeks/months left lying around. It would be unplayable. Not to mention you would never find a place to build.

they should simply have one decay timer for your entire account or a afk mode, especially for pve... This game is so tedious, I usually don't play unless there's an event... Plus I'm gone all week so I can only play on the weekends which is when I usually log on... I skipped one weekend because there's no point playing in between events... There are literally so many bugs and glitches that it's just not worth being a casual gamer, especially on official... Thankfully I still have my offline arks to explore... It just isn't the same, offline arks seem really lack some of the creatures you find on official... You'd think that after 10 YEARS of development they would have a much better product... 

29 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

It's designed to temporarily store information.

PvE servers are junked up enough as it is with the current decay rates. If they didn't exist, the servers would be filled with junk that people who haven't been playing for weeks/months left lying around. It would be unplayable. Not to mention you would never find a place to build.

my point is that COMPUTERS are designed to store information... Plus, like I said... Walk up to somebody's building or structure in pve and look at the timer on it... It specifically says they're offline damage protected and the count down timer is waay more than 10-20 days... 

2 hours ago, Franz13 said:

my point is that COMPUTERS are designed to store information... Plus, like I said... Walk up to somebody's building or structure in pve and look at the timer on it... It specifically says they're offline damage protected and the count down timer is waay more than 10-20 days... 

ive played on offical for 4 yrs now and ive never seen a decay timer longer than that. Maybe you are reading it wrong? Since it shows days:hours:minutes

Archived