Transfer timer is just annoying

nairda2k9

Can anyone please tell me what the transfer timer is for in PvE??

Every 15 minutes the game just freezes, or if your in missions boss etc possible crash.

I wish they would either fix it or remove it, having this crap every 15 minutes spoils the game.

Just make it so you can only Transfer once a day like mind wipes grrrrrrrr

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, nairda2k9 said:

Can anyone please tell me what the transfer timer is for in PvE??

Every 15 minutes the game just freezes, or if your in missions boss etc possible crash.

I wish they would either fix it or remove it, having this crap every 15 minutes spoils the game.

Just make it so you can only Transfer once a day like mind wipes grrrrrrrr

Yup, the freeze is during the game save. The more clutter on the map, the longer the freeze.

20 hours ago, Mai said:

that 15 minutes is the auto save

back in the early days it was 1 hour and if server crashes during the next save it rolls back an hour to the last successful auto save 

I don't think its auto save, for example if I login move stuff from one vault to another then log out my game is saved on logout.

The 15m is the transfer timer, when you log out or close game it auto saves at that point and activates the offline protection timer.

2 minutes ago, Thekuervito said:

The transfer timer its the same of autosave,how gonna have a log off auto save in a multiplayer server?

The host saves the status of the world and their own inventory to a given slot, like Singleplayer. This means that anything you built in that game, together or alone, host or guest, will be saved on the Host's account, and will be inaccessible to anyone else.

I looked up online, although its muti player its your account that's saved 

• 5 weeks later...

the transfer timer and server saves are one in the same they are host side(wildcard servers) not client side(your account/character). transfer timer to my knowledge is the game's *check* on itself to verify you actually have said items that you're trying to transfer on your character. are they annoying? yes, are they necessary? yes.

After all if your neighbor tries to sell you a Bugatti you really do want to see the have one before you give them the money right?

Archived