Fastest way to breed in a color

Zapha

I'm near at my first level 1 Deino (for removing wasted points), today the first one with six zero stats was born. I have also collected several wild eggs with event colors for trying out color breeding.

I would breed e.g. a pure red one in the same way like I breed the level 1 with seven zeros. But how do I bring the seven zeros and the seven red regions together without endless pingpong of wanted and unwanted stats/colors?
I would have the same problem with the combat Deinos if they have 30-0-0-31-0-0-0 stats, which would be ruined if I start to breed in the red color regions.

I really wish there would be a way to lock a stat/color region if the stat/color is right. How do you combine stats and colors in the fastest way, please?

2 hours ago, Zapha said:

How do you combine stats and colors in the fastest way, please?

There is no 'fastest' way honestly, but here is how i did it for my Rex line, that i can now produce any stat with the color that i want from and change colors on demand if i want.

First i made a 0 point breeding cell, with a ton of females, and just random colors.

Then i made a male with colors i wanted, this is a bit tedious, but similar to combining top stats on regular lines. Ignore stats focus on color, i already have a 0 point base to work from.

I bred that male into the 0 point females, and replace the 0 point breeding cell with the right colors (incl the male because i use female mutations as well), this goes quickly if you have plenty of females. And depending on how patient you are, or how high your breeding rates are, you wont need to juggle a lot to get it done if at all when lucky.

Then i started working on stat lines, using the 0 point breeding cell as a base, each stat goes into its own male line.

Each iteration from this point forward is going to have the color base you use + whatever color mutated, once a line is done you simply breed that again with the 0 point base if the color is messed up (very likely to happen), and you get a male or female (depending on what you need) with the right color in a couple of eggs.

Repeat that process for each stat you want to improve (or add if your filling in left over point with say stamina), and each line that you want to combine has the color template you want, once combined create a small breeding cell from that to get eggs you want to use.

If i want to make another color template, i can simply create another male with the color i want, and introduce that to my 0 point cell until i get a male and female. Store the original color pair in a cryopod, and i have a backup of that template if i want it, and can produce the new breeding cell to create a new super line with the color i want (since each stat line is separate its a very easy/quick process).

Obviously you can replace the 0 point breeding cell with any breeding cell, i just made the choice to stick to 0 points for cheap cloning, but the general concept is the same.

Planning your breeding projects, is key to saving time in the long run imho, but as you can see there is no 'fastest' way. No matter when you want to apply a color, before or after finishing a line, its always going to be a hassle to get that first pair to work from. But you can streamline the process this way, if you want colors on demand.

PS: i might have use to many 'i' and 'you', hope its not to confusing 🙄

Thanks for the detailed describing.

Although I could make great spreadsheets (I was a coder) I try to do it all without detailed planning. It makes the game too much to a job for me.

So I use the placement of my dinos as "spreadsheet". Currently I have rows with 3-zero, 4-zero and 5-zero stat dinos. I would save time if I would calculate the optimal path ... but this needs a lot of time and is not playing. So I do it all intuitive.

Anyway, if Wildcard wants the color breeding to be more attractive it should be seperated from the stat breeding.

1 hour ago, Zapha said:

Thanks for the detailed describing.

Although I could make great spreadsheets (I was a coder) I try to do it all without detailed planning. It makes the game too much to a job for me.

So I use the placement of my dinos as "spreadsheet". Currently I have rows with 3-zero, 4-zero and 5-zero stat dinos. I would save time if I would calculate the optimal path ... but this needs a lot of time and is not playing. So I do it all intuitive.

Anyway, if Wildcard wants the color breeding to be more attractive it should be seperated from the stat breeding.

That's why most people use ASM, it does all the work for you, and importing your tames is fairly straight forward.

Technically painting the dino is a option, but yeah i would not mind a better solution either, something like a color extractor and injection for the tek tier. If its similar to say cloning, and balanced properly, the price tag could be enough of a grind to off-set the effort otherwise required to breed it in.

Archived