TEK Hover Skiff

evgeniy777

My server crashed and rolled back ~15 mins to when I must have been flying a skiff.

I was unable to go up of down only back and forth, so I got it to my base even though it is floating high above it.

Ive removed everything in the inventory including the element, tried to relog, nudging it, shooting it, it will not move now at all. If I try to land it just stays in mid air.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try. It feels like it's not actually where I think it is because when I dismount of jump I shoot up into the sky.

Thanks 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Yggdrassil said:

My server crashed and rolled back ~15 mins to when I must have been flying a skiff.

I was unable to go up of down only back and forth, so I got it to my base even though it is floating high above it.

Ive removed everything in the inventory including the element, tried to relog, nudging it, shooting it, it will not move now at all. If I try to land it just stays in mid air.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try. It feels like it's not actually where I think it is because when I dismount of jump I shoot up into the sky.

Thanks 

Merged your thread here. Try what is suggested above (which worked for me dozens of times so far):

On 6/19/2021 at 9:37 AM, invincibleqc said:

Throw a Giga on its back, ride the Skiff and press Space.

4 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Merged your thread here. Try what is suggested above (which worked for me dozens of times so far):

all the above doesn't help. I had the same situation. I was able to move the skiff above the base. emptied fuel, shot it to repair to drain the tank and  make it land = no avail. getting on it and throwing a giga on its back = same spiel. picking 'try to land' from the radial did the trick, until i got off the skif. i found myself somewhere up in the clouds with no skiff. decending (falling rather) i past my skiff that suddenly appeared. and i could get on it again just to find myself on a landed skiff. getting off again ....   read the above.

i ended up destroying it and build a new one, which poofed while being parked on an asteroid, two rl days later

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Kizmiaz said:

all the above doesn't help. I had the same situation. I was able to move the skiff above the base. emptied fuel, shot it to repair to drain the tank and  make it land = no avail. getting on it and throwing a giga on its back = same spiel. picking 'try to land' from the radial did the trick, until i got off the skif. i found myself somewhere up in the clouds with no skiff. decending (falling rather) i past my skiff that suddenly appeared. and i could get on it again just to find myself on a landed skiff. getting off again ....   read the above.

i ended up destroying it and build a new one, which poofed while being parked on an asteroid, two rl days later

Giga works 100% so long as you don't remove its fuel. It may works again if you re-fuel it and wait for the next crash, but if you removed all its fuel and the server crashed while it was empty, it will be stuck in a semi-landed-desynced stance.

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

Giga works 100% so long as you don't remove its fuel. It may works again if you re-fuel it and wait for the next crash, but if you removed all its fuel and the server crashed while it was empty, it will be stuck in a semi-landed-desynced stance.

fuel wasn't empty when i got the giga on the skiff and it wasn't stuck during a server but due to a server crash. water under the bridge though.

just saying that neither the giga worked for me nor any other player-fix anyone did come up with.

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, Kizmiaz said:

fuel wasn't empty when i got the giga on the skiff and it wasn't stuck during a server but due to a server crash. water under the bridge though.

just saying that neither the giga worked for me nor any other player-fix anyone did come up with.

*shrug* works for me. Fixed mines, as well as the ones of many on the server I play on using a frozen Giga I carry around and worked 100% of the time. The idea is that, since Gigas cannot be carried by a Skiff, it is forced to land as soon as you try to boost using SPACE. Worked for me over water, in space, very high in the sky, etc. and never had any issues. However, if it has no fuel, and is de-synced (your camera bouncing back and forth) it won't land because the server believe it is (due to its tank being empty) and your client think it isn't and vice-versa or something like that.

That said, there is also another issue with the skiff; if you are sleeping on a bed placed on it while the server crashes you will join back in space until you or someone else render your skiff which will update your camera back to your original location. You may also die while in space from nothing or from acid but your corpse will be properly spawned at your skiff.

Just to say that there are many replication issues with the skiff. 🤷‍♂️

• Volunteer Moderator
12 hours ago, Yggdrassil said:

I'm in gen2 and don't have a giga, does a bronto work?

Never tried a Bronto so I couldn't tell. If the skiff can fly around with them on it then no, it won't work. But if it cannot, it will be forced to land the same way as a Giga. Try it, and let us know I guess!

So, I've been unlucky today. My server on official PvE has crashed approx. 5 times now in the last 12 hours, and each time its rolled back (~20 minutes ).

What i have tried:

1. Whistle land
  2. Over weight with dinos (2 brontos)
  3. Over weight with skiff inventory (metal ore)
  4. Over weight with player inventory (metal ore)
  5. Number 2, 3 and 4 together
  6. Leave render
  7. Logout
  8. Have teammate try to fly it
  9. Damaged with tek rifle
  10. Removed all fuel and waited until 0%
  11. Filled with element
  12. Whip it!
  13. Nudge it!
  14. Ram it with another skiff

Nothing above had worked, my issue is it would lower to the ground however, when you dismount it would shoot back into the sky (i was flying very high, a good 10 second fall)

What worked:

1. Remove all fuel, use land command ('x' on pc), remember coordinates then wait on server to crash or restart again.

Ok so not the most reliable method, but, im now on the 4 time today it has happened and each time this as solved it so far. So until wildcard fix the servers performance, i think using a skiff is extremely risky on gen2 maps

Archived