New mutations since Genesis 2?

BubbaGuy

Perhaps it is my luck...but I thought I would ask. Have any of you had an egg laid since Gen 2 receive a new mutation?

Since Gen2 I realize, I haven't had a new mutation EXCEPT with eggs laid prior to the release.

I recently acquired the Egg Incubator and just spent a few days breeding my line like crazy. Over 200 eggs...not a SINGLE new mutation.

Mind you, in the past I would (on average) get 4 mutations per 100 eggs. Might not be the ones I wanted, but mutations. Since the Gen2...nothing.

Is it just my bad luck and I am the minority....or are others have the same issue??

On 6/10/2021 at 11:31 PM, BubbaGuy said:

Perhaps it is my luck...but I thought I would ask. Have any of you had an egg laid since Gen 2 receive a new mutation?
Since Gen2 I realize, I haven't had a new mutation EXCEPT with eggs laid prior to the release.
I recently acquired the Egg Incubator and just spent a few days breeding my line like crazy. Over 200 eggs...not a SINGLE new mutation.
Mind you, in the past I would (on average) get 4 mutations per 100 eggs. Might not be the ones I wanted, but mutations. Since the Gen2...nothing.
Is it just my bad luck and I am the minority....or are others have the same issue??

Im in the same boat, kinda. But I blamed myself for the situation. First and secound time I ran into this problem, I decided to breed for the "preatty colors" and when I got done, I noticed the mutations went over the limit. 51/20 maternal, 96/20 praternal......not sure if it caps the ability to breed a new mutation, but I figured it did so I quit those lines and decided next line I run, Im just going to work on stats.....which is a shame, they pretty rexs. XD

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

Im in the same boat, kinda. But I blamed myself for the situation. First and secound time I ran into this problem, I decided to breed for the "preatty colors" and when I got done, I noticed the mutations went over the limit. 51/20 maternal, 96/20 praternal......not sure if it caps the ability to breed a new mutation, but I figured it did so I quit those lines and decided next line I run, Im just going to work on stats.....which is a shame, they pretty rexs. XD

You should look into breeding muts...but the basic jist is, if you have a clean female, you can breed with a dirty male (or vice versa) and have about 3.2(?) percent change of a mutation. Hope that helps. Clean meaning, zero mutations.

For me, it must just be my luck.....

3 hours ago, BubbaGuy said:

You should look into breeding muts...but the basic jist is, if you have a clean female, you can breed with a dirty male (or vice versa) and have about 3.2(?) percent change of a mutation. Hope that helps. Clean meaning, zero mutations.

For me, it must just be my luck.....

aye, I figure I will just go with two brand new clean parents. After looking at the stats of my parent rex's, Im a little disappointed. One had 32 food points 29 oxy stats....there other one is just mediocre....maybe Ill get lucky and find one with something a bit better in the health or melee department.

Archived