Magmasaur auto taunting everything

sjskdjkfa

I've got mine parked on metal mountain in the heart of the red woods, with a giga and other guardians. But I'm on the verg of taking it somewhere else because I can't keep fighting the entire red woods, and when I don't pay enough attention it drifts away from its guards bc idk, haven't set em to follow and put out dino leash etc, I'm annoyed. Prty sure my magma didn't used to do taunt all by himself. He's on attacking target btw.

Hes taunting everything because you have him on attack target, put him on passive and keep your giga or whatever defenders on attack. For whatever reason magmas always taunt first when in a fight. I think its a pretty stupid opening move in any situation and the AI shouldnt be using the taunt at all but even the wilds do the same thing. So either keep it cryo'd or keep it on passive.

9 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Hes taunting everything because you have him on attack target, put him on passive and keep your giga or whatever defenders on attack. For whatever reason magmas always taunt first when in a fight. I think its a pretty stupid opening move in any situation and the AI shouldnt be using the taunt at all but even the wilds do the same thing. So either keep it cryo'd or keep it on passive.

I think I noticed him taunt then kill a megalocerous or how ever you spell that... the passive elk thingies... meaning the dude is taunting whether or not it is in agro, I'll try to confirm.

14 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

I think I noticed him taunt then kill a megalocerous or how ever you spell that... the passive elk thingies... meaning the dude is taunting whether or not it is in agro, I'll try to confirm.

Well the same thing would happen if you have your guy on aggressive. The magma would auto attack anything in range, or something else is on aggressive attacking something causing your magma to jump into the fight cause he was on attack target. Or even a plant x or turret or something attacking could trigger him to join in as well. Either way keeping him on passive would stop all of these issues.

Archived