The second tameable tool wielder of ark

thedrongoofark

Suggestion

Guys can we please make the upright primate with opposable thumbs have the same power as a giant grasshopper? If Gigantopithecus could be equipped with simple tools that'd be so cool, I know people also want actual armour but I think a helmet and a weapon would be good by itself. And maybe not have like crazy mining skills like the mantis but at least to some extent. I mean I could see how pvp alphas would use them as brutes or for mass mining operations but still I think if it was at least a teensy bit able to use tools that'd be cool. what do you guys think?

11 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, Qwertymine said:

The Island doesn't have a lot of stuff, like any tames that can breath fire or get a glide boost when flying, so I don't see why that's any reason for the Gigantopithicus to get tool use. Mantis are pretty easy to tame, the hardest part of getting a Deathworm horn is finding a Deathworm, and even then that doesn't take too long. 

I’d say finding a death worm is easy. When you first get in render distance, a glitch makes them unburied for a few secounds, and they are common. The hard part is getting there, killing it, surviving everything else there, getting back.

22 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Yeah? Well I guarantee the Mantis is a better option for tool use too, seeing as how it has higher melee than the Gigantopithicus does, so by your logic adding this functionality to the Gigantopithicus would be worthless. Plus, Mantis are pretty easy to find, and getting a good saddle for one is EZ mode, so they've got that over the Gigantopithicus too. 

Ik, but I also don’t wanna kick mantis out of its position.

30 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

I think the Gigantopithicus is fine without this feature

What use does it have? It can throw people over walls? Grapples, climbing hooks, and flyers exsist, it can gather some fiber? Sickle. It can wear a hat? Otter, Ferox, Jeroba, ECT.  It can create a stack of monkeys? Ok well I guess that is unique. And it’s super rare, so it basicly pointless.

On 2/14/2021 at 12:55 AM, thedrongoofark said:

Guys can we please make the upright primate with opposable thumbs have the same power as a giant grasshopper? If Gigantopithecus could be equipped with simple tools that'd be so cool, I know people also want actual armour but I think a helmet and a weapon would be good by itself. And maybe not have like crazy mining skills like the mantis but at least to some extent. I mean I could see how pvp alphas would use them as brutes or for mass mining operations but still I think if it was at least a teensy bit able to use tools that'd be cool. what do you guys think?

I think it should be able to wield tools, at the same effectiveness as the player, but 1. Leveling Damage stat makes it better(or crafting skill makes it better) 2. It does so at a faster rate so it expands less durability and goes through nodes fast and plays animations faster: Ex. A stone takes 20 hits from an unleveled player and gives 100 stone and takes 20 seconds to do, but a Giga makes it only take 5 hits, still gets 100 stone, and gets it done in 2.5 seconds.

41 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

What use does it have? It can throw people over walls? Grapples, climbing hooks, and flyers exsist, it can gather some fiber? Sickle. It can wear a hat? Otter, Ferox, Jeroba, ECT.  It can create a stack of monkeys? Ok well I guess that is unique. And it’s super rare, so it basicly pointless.

Yeah? Well I guarantee the Mantis is a better option for tool use too, seeing as how it has higher melee than the Gigantopithicus does, so by your logic adding this functionality to the Gigantopithicus would be worthless. Plus, Mantis are pretty easy to find, and getting a good saddle for one is EZ mode, so they've got that over the Gigantopithicus too. 

On 2/16/2021 at 2:24 PM, thedrongoofark said:

but mantis aren't exactly the easiest to tame because of food requirements and if you play on the island like me you can't get mantises

The Island doesn't have a lot of stuff, like any tames that can breath fire or get a glide boost when flying, so I don't see why that's any reason for the Gigantopithicus to get tool use. Mantis are pretty easy to tame, the hardest part of getting a Deathworm horn is finding a Deathworm, and even then that doesn't take too long. 

On 2/16/2021 at 4:56 AM, Qwertymine said:

but mantis aren't exactly the easiest to tame because of food requirements and if you play on the island like me you can't get mantises

Archived