Babies carnivores vs herbivores

Alright so last night I was raising my first beaver and needless to say after watching it for all but an hour of its baby phase it passed on to the Ark gods. I've raised countless argents and rexs even a giga and to me it seems they either eat slower or the meat must just decompose at a slower rate thanberries? I can raise an Argy for an hour then load it with meat and pretty much be good for an hour but with the Beaver I was something like 5 or 6 hours in filled it with berries and then accidentally drifted off because I had stayed up all night to raise the damn thing. With every carnivore that I've done this with its been fine but I had the same thing happen with a doed. Long story short I'm just wondering what the deal with dino babies that take berries? Am I doing it wrong?! Lol

Just now, kd0t said:

I would have thought it would have lasted then unless you didnt have anything in a trough, 6hrs and it would have been a juvenile.

Then it must of been 5 hours because I know I was an hour off but still thought I'd be good. Had a whole trough of berries because I honestly expected to come back to a juvenile beaver. Lol

If you "drifted off" I have to wonder if you were still logged in and standing there?  Just like adults, babies eat different amounts based on if someone is nearby to flag them as "active".  Also, meat and berries stack differently and are worth different amounts of food.  They don't stack up neatly with each other for direct comparison.

One thing you can do, make gobs and gobs of dodo kibble.  It stacks to a hundred, keeps for days, and has more food per piece.  I never raise a carnivore without hundreds of it on hand so I am sure the baby *juvenile* can go an extended time off the trough safely.

20 hours ago, Rippy said:

Yeah the dodo kibble trick is the way to go, especially with how easy it is to get dodos and their eggs.

What?  Works for herbies?

My tribe mate is a beaver fanatic,  tying to get 240 born beavers, hrs raised over 30 babies, 3 at a time each time

He uses crop and never has had a problem, they just tear through mejos in trough. We have a farm dedicated just to beavers (8 crop plants and 20 mejos) we never have to farm external berries

Archived