More players in split screen

JustAnotherBeachNoob

Suggestion

With the advances in the Xbox series x/s and ps5, I was wondering if it would be possible for wildcard to allow split screen to support up to 4 players. I remember being able to do 4 player split screen on Mario kart for the wii and I think it would be cool if ark had something like this. I know that the screen size would be very small on smaller TVs, but I think that the new consoles would have the power to handle it. It would be nice when my friends come over so we could play ark, and when I am playing ark by myself i play single player and I could level up my creatures 3 times as fast when I have the second  account sitting on a creature while I run the grinder or Chem bench. Please consider adding this to the game. I only do basic C++ coding and I know that sometimes it is possible to copy paste most of the code when adding multiple players to a game, but I don’t know a lot about how ark is coded.

2 replies to this server topic

10 hours ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

With the advances in the Xbox series x/s and ps5, I was wondering if it would be possible for wildcard to allow split screen to support up to 4 players. I remember being able to do 4 player split screen on Mario kart for the wii and I think it would be cool if ark had something like this. I know that the screen size would be very small on smaller TVs, but I think that the new consoles would have the power to handle it. It would be nice when my friends come over so we could play ark, and when I am playing ark by myself i play single player and I could level up my creatures 3 times as fast when I have the second  account sitting on a creature while I run the grinder or Chem bench. Please consider adding this to the game. I only do basic C++ coding and I know that sometimes it is possible to copy paste most of the code when adding multiple players to a game, but I don’t know a lot about how ark is coded.

I mean, I tried Splitscreen before on a 65" 4K TV, also on the series X. Seriously, Ark is just not made for Splitscreen... How the hell are you even able to read something on slitscreen in this game? They should remove the splitscreen function. Honestly if Ark is an every day thing for you, I would really recommend to get a second XBOX, a PC or even a Laptop in the same Room, and play on a non-Dedicated Server. This made things so much easier for my GF and me when playing together. The experience playing on a full screen is just something very different and it makes so much fun. 

Archived