The Bog is Unbalanced!!!

Udam

The Bog is Unbalanced!!!

how did this make it trough Playtesting?

ok i set myself up in the bog and it is a Hell hole! i would rather live in the volcano then go into the bog! why is it classed as "Easy" Hell no its not!

lets describe the situation!

on foot if you get attacked by a Kapro you are screwed! you can't knock them off like raptors, you can out run them but they will Leap at you, They can take you off you're mount and it can make a man go crazy! even though im on a large stego and in full metal armor, the small kapro can yeet you off you're mount!

You got baryonyx that are the most blood thirst animals i have seen! they can outrun a Frog when jumping, move quick in the water and if you are on foot you are Dead, unless you have very high movement speed!

Bloodstalkers are cool but they get annoying REALLY QUICKLY! a little story! i had my 3 X Raptors with me and i got yeeted off of my Mount by a Kapro! and then my best raptor got dragged away from me by a bloodstalker and i had to watch him die! i had a AR with me and i could not reach it! That is Dumb! And then My raptor got taken by a kapro and he died! the Raptor could not damage the Kapro! It was murphy's law!

DON'T GET ME STARTED on the Swarm! They spawn too often they deal alot of damage and they are a Pain!

Then i did the mission "along came pollen" and you have to fight Kapros that can't knock you off! thats fine! but then wild Kapros can just YEET you off and then you get attacked by everything else! WHY!

Other things are annoying like Piranha, leechs deaodons but they are not that bad!

solutions/Ways to fix it!

kapros: Allow a ability to stun them when you hit them when in there Jaws! and Allow them to get "picked off" by bigger predators like carnos, Sarcos, and Even Deadons!

Bary: lower their agro range to the same amount as the Spino! they will attack you if you get close (sense they are piscivores they should mostly target fish!)

Bloodstalker: Allow a way to tames you get out of their Grasp (unless they are set to passive) and make it so they can't take you off you're mount Every 10 seconds (allow a buff that will make you immune to stun/Grabbing for 30 seconds!

Let me know how you feel! for me Im moving out of the bog! 

17 hours ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

I like starting there, getting a couple tames and then going to ocean biome maybe try that and see how it works out.(on single player at least, on servers I go arctic biome) 

the thing is i like the bog but it is a hell hole for

Tearly game player! or even late game!

• if you have a Stone weapon or tool you can't kill the Kapros, Barys, and others
  • Spiders can take away you're tames and they can't do anything!
  • Spiders can take you off you're mount alot and its annoying!
  • Barys are blood thirsty! 

Other biomes have their annoying too  

Snow

• You can bearly see in the East! 
  • Microraptors always attack me at the wrong times
  • Therys get angry really quick!

Ocean

• TOO MANY X MEGALODONS  
  • eels are Super fast

Volcano

• Magmasaurs attacking bases but it can be fun!
  • Rocks falling from the sky but just hide in a cave!
  • Gas!

Space

• Defense units and drones

all the other biomes have their problems but some are down to animals, some are just because the map! but the bog is the worst beacuse there is so many things that want to get you in annoying ways!

• Bugs 
  • Kapros Grab
  • Barys Agro
  • Bloodstalker Grab
  • Sarcos
  • ETC
  •  

4 hours ago, Fixthegame said:

Honestly just sounds like you're bad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That can be true too. i just got back to the game after a few months and when i went to the bog it was a hell hole! it was like nam!

I didn't remember it being this bad

Kapros snatching me, My raptor getting taken by the bloodstalker, Barys looking at me like a Fat person looking at a Chocolate donut!

for now i just moved to Valgro and getting used to the game again and getting a group of tames to head over their!

The other maps i had some trouble but not as much as Genesis!

3 hours ago, JJacky said:

Pve is already too easy in this game so let's not make it even easier. The bog is fine as it is. If it's too challenging for you, try some other biome or map then come back when you are better equipped.

I tryed that. maybe its the sever im on but the bog is hell! the Volcano area is easier 

the part that mostly gets me is the Barys their agro is crazy! 

when i get on my frog to get around and get CP and then i jump around until i see a Bary, those mofo will look at you like if they haven't eaten in 6 years! when i jump away he is just waiting Under me. i don't know how to describe it.

Bog is definitely not an easy spot to start from scratch, I did it on day 1 and must have died hundreds of times just trying to run around and find a spot that wasnt pillared already. Those first 2 days were definitely hell but once you carve out a spot and get even slightly geared up, its not really difficult at all anymore.

Wearing flak and yielding a spear can deal with kapros very easily, get some points into speed to outrun the raptors or whatever if you dont have a mount that can handle it yet. Go to the volcano and tame up a xrex and nothing will be difficult in the bog. Keep a torch on you for dealing with the insect swarms until you have a mount to kill them or until you get some roll rats to distract them more long term.

Keep a few parachutes on you if you are going to mess around under the bloodstalkers but really its not difficult in the bog once you are past a week being there.

5 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Bog is definitely not an easy spot to start from scratch, I did it on day 1 and must have died hundreds of times just trying to run around and find a spot that wasnt pillared already. Those first 2 days were definitely hell but once you carve out a spot and get even slightly geared up, its not really difficult at all anymore.

Wearing flak and yielding a spear can deal with kapros very easily, get some points into speed to outrun the raptors or whatever if you dont have a mount that can handle it yet. Go to the volcano and tame up a xrex and nothing will be difficult in the bog. Keep a torch on you for dealing with the insect swarms until you have a mount to kill them or until you get some roll rats to distract them more long term.

Keep a few parachutes on you if you are going to mess around under the bloodstalkers but really its not difficult in the bog once you are past a week being there.

well thats kinda the problem i started my new person on their! so thats why i got rekt! 

1 minute ago, Udam said:

well thats kinda the problem i started my new person on their! so thats why i got rekt! 

Yea I know your pain, you just need to take advantage of what the other biomes have to offer and bring it back to the bog. Get a Rex, a magmasaur and an anky for farming, get a bronto for farming the lunar zone, roll rats are in lunar caves, get a basilo to do some ocean stuff, missions etc.

get a bloodstalker(probably a few cause they die easy) to travel easily, or what I do at this point is just use gasbag to fly around everywhere, they are in the lunar caves also and easy to tame in there compared to on extinction.

Archived