How strong are high level Alphas?

Ohma

4 hours ago, Ohma said:

I've seen an Alpha Carnotaur 110 and an Alpha Raptor 120 a few kilometers near my new base, and tbh I want to get rid of them. Do you think its doable if im taking out 70 A.Raptors with little problems?

I’d tame yourself a Rex since rexes can bounce Carnos easy and never get hit, but I don’t know what level you are so I don’t even know if you have access to the saddle.  Larger creatures with good knock back are great against alpha Carnos & raptors.  If all else fails just lure the alphas to some water and try to drown them, that’s a classic ark beginners strategy.

23 hours ago, Castlerock said:

Also dont fight the alphas when they are near each other. Alone is no problem but if there are 2 or more they can give each other the alpha buff, increasing the damage they do and reducing damage taken.

23 hours ago, RipRavage said:

I’d tame yourself a Rex since rexes can bounce Carnos easy and never get hit, but I don’t know what level you are so I don’t even know if you have access to the saddle.  Larger creatures with good knock back are great against alpha Carnos & raptors.  If all else fails just lure the alphas to some water and try to drown them, that’s a classic ark beginners strategy.

Thanks for the replies guys, I wasn't able to reply since I couldn't post anymore for the day. Also the buff from Alphas are unknown to me so thank you letting me know. As for the Rex, i tamed my first one yesterday so I think of using more of him!

Archived