Is Steam and Xbox one cross platform

Tmoney211

There is no way for a steam account to play with an xbox account. You would need to buy it on the Microsoft store on your PC then you could play together. Alternatively, I make my son's xbox my "home xbox" and use my xbox like normal. All games I purchase are automatically available for him to play, I do not have a Windows 10 PC to confirm but may be able to do something similar

4 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Not really. Currently it forces player to buy 2 copies if they want to play both platforms.

how many people ACTUALLY do it tho? And how many times does it happen to an individual before they start to check first?

Hell this whole post is from someone trying to figure things out before hand.....I might buy a handful of people will do it regardless, but for just as many of those people, there are probably a handful of others who go "I can't do that, so I wont. It doesn't work like that, so Im not going to spend the money. OR Im not going to buy the same game twice"

Yeah, some people might buy the game twice, because they got the money and really want to, but for the others....it could actually turn them off from buying the game entirely.

2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Yeah, some people might buy the game twice, because they got the money and really want to, but for the others....it could actually turn them off from buying the game entirely.

I doubt it. The steam version is the only one with access to the mod workshop, which effectively make Ark a different game.

Played Ark in console and out of content? Get steam version and play modded.

If you can afford a computer that can play Ark, then you can afford Ark. And consoles while cheaper aren't exactly free.

12 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

I doubt it. The steam version is the only one with access to the mod workshop, which effectively make Ark a different game.

Played Ark in console and out of content? Get steam version and play modded.

If you can afford a computer that can play Ark, then you can afford Ark. And consoles while cheaper aren't exactly free.

Still have my dumpster dive 360. :P and use it to detune with youtube at the end of the day everyday. o.o 
And yeah, when you put it into the context of a computer capable of playing Ark on computer to output decent graphics without shredded framerate or stability issues, I can see the lowered concern over purchasing a copy twice. Still, it kinda alienates the console peeps. =/ 

Archived