Offline death

hbomb1972

Suggestion

Offline death

Please change the default 30 minute death timer. If I die while not in the game, the odds of me coming online within the 30 minutes are slim, almost guaranteeing that my inventory will be lost. Either make it a couple of days, or just don't have a timer when not in the game. Start the 30 minutes when I log in.

8 replies to this server topic

16 hours ago, hbomb1972 said:

I know that, just frustrated about losing things from death while the server is not even accessible to recover your items.

This doesn't happen in single player mode, so that's an option.

But if you want to play on a server, you're going to have to build a safe logout area. One suggestion is the lay in a bed and maybe put your stuff in a box.

15 hours ago, hbomb1972 said:

Offline death

Please change the default 30 minute death timer. If I die while not in the game, the odds of me coming online within the 30 minutes are slim, almost guaranteeing that my inventory will be lost. Either make it a couple of days, or just don't have a timer when not in the game. Start the 30 minutes when I log in.

You should be asking yourself exactly why your dying while not in the game. You need better survival.

The longer your bag/body timer the longer time for someone to steal your stuff. Also, this would be terrible on server resources.

I mean, if you're dying while not in the game a 30 minute timer probably isn't necessary. Like a 5 minute timer is probably better because the person who killed you is going to loot your body, or if you're PvE and you've died to a troll troodon then no one will find your corpse anyway.

It'd reduce server resources too and with the mass influx of players lately could probably reduce like by 80%.......

Archived