non PvP servers

alphascud

Suggestion

non PvP servers

sometimes its just nice to sit back and talk to other players without fear of being grieffed by the odd one or 4 players who like to mess up peaceful servers,

how about giving us the option to turn on/off non PvP, meaning that when turned off we cant be raided or attacked by players and we cannot attack them.  BUT........ if you decide to turn ON PvP then there is a 24hour cooldown period where you cannot just turn it straight off again

12 replies to this server topic

3 hours ago, alphascud said:

non PvP servers

sometimes its just nice to sit back and talk to other players without fear of being grieffed by the odd one or 4 players who like to mess up peaceful servers,

how about giving us the option to turn on/off non PvP, meaning that when turned off we cant be raided or attacked by players and we cannot attack them.  BUT........ if you decide to turn ON PvP then there is a 24hour cooldown period where you cannot just turn it straight off again

This makes no sense.

Players would just turn off PVP until they were unstoppable.

Sounds like a casual roleplay server would be better for you. 

at present im normally a weekend player as i work away all week so ive taken to playing on ORP servers, 

what you guys can do in 1 week normally takes me a month of weekend playing. 

when i finally get online and im out somewhere harvesting or taming a nice high level player with maxed tame gigas comes along from another server and flattens everything. 

To be honest i myself am not interested in PvP but i enjoy the cooperation of friendly servers, smaller tribes that band together and help out each other. most of these servers are 95% great with the odd 5% griefer .

so in saying that, a solo player or tribe non PvP option with a delayed (1-7 days) return to non PvP would be great for those that dont want to do single player servers but dont want the risk of constantly getting wiped on normal servers

11 hours ago, alphascud said:

what you guys can do in 1 week normally takes me a month of weekend playing. 

11 hours ago, alphascud said:

so in saying that, a solo player or tribe non PvP option with a delayed (1-7 days) return to non PvP would be great for those that dont want to do single player servers but dont want the risk of constantly getting wiped on normal servers

Honestly official servers are designed for tribes not solo players. And non-PvP would be PvE.

6 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

He still wants to pvp, I’d suggest to gather some friends by text then meet them and play pvp when you want and talk and tame and gather when you don’t!.

Unofficial servers with timed PvP might be better. There are settings to do things like weekend only PvP 

But allowing each player or tribe to opt-out of PvP is a bad idea for official servers.

Archived