4x Harvest- Please stop this madness!

TraXz

23 minutes ago, Masurao said:

But they do have one thing in common: They run dedicated servers that perform just as persistently as Ark due to the extreme volume of players around the globe, 24/7.  

It's not exactly the same. Ark dosen't require official servers to play the game. Whereas, MMOs don't have unofficial servers or single player, like your guild wars example, players are completely dependent on official servers.

What I mean by persistent isn't 24/7 servers but that players build persistent basically unlimited bases.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Dilo is a dinosaur. 

8 hours ago, GP said:

DILO is the prehistoric *beep* during the use of unsavoury words.

Oh I thought it would be an abbreviation of something because its in all caps. I've seen "Raptor" in use in place of bad words so I though that was the word for all bad words

On 4/8/2020 at 11:12 AM, Aylana314159 said:

It's not exactly the same. Ark dosen't require official servers to play the game. Whereas, MMOs don't have unofficial servers or single player, like your guild wars example, players are completely dependent on official servers.

What I mean by persistent isn't 24/7 servers but that players build persistent basically unlimited bases.

Not entirely, no. Some wouldn't really define ark as a true MMO, and likely the reason why you can run it in single player. You can also run many MMOs through a private lan in the same aspect, which is pretty much also what ark allows stock.

I see what you mean though. Ark is also pretty much the first of its kind, though I feel the constant, neigh-unlimited bases are mitigated by the low server count - being 70 players maximum - relieves a bit of that stress on maps that aren't incredibly large. Yes, 70 is a paltry sum for any title even 'attempting' to call itself any sort of MMO. However, considering the fact that the servers can barely handle...12 at a given time?  I also question how even 50 people can exist on a server at a given time in PvE, given the contagious greed of pillaring where even as little as 10 players in a given server have claimed literally every inch of available real estate.

5 minutes ago, Masurao said:

though I feel the constant, neigh-unlimited bases are mitigated by the low server count - being 70 players maximum -

This is only 70 max concurrent players. There are no limits to how many people/tribes can build bases and have tames on 1 server. The tribe tame cap is 500 and the local structure limit is massive. 

Unofficial communities can have enforced rules about base limits and sharing  land, but rules like this would never be enforceable on official servers.

On 4/9/2020 at 3:41 PM, Aylana314159 said:

This is only 70 max concurrent players. There are no limits to how many people/tribes can build bases and have tames on 1 server. The tribe tame cap is 500 and the local structure limit is massive. 

Unofficial communities can have enforced rules about base limits and sharing  land, but rules like this would never be enforceable on official servers.

I wouldn't say that the concurrent maximum is ever going to be an issue nowadays, considering that even 20 in most servers is absolutely destructive to server performance at this rate. 

Wait...did you just say that there were no tame limits while in the same textual breath saying that the cap is 500?  Erm, regardless I feel it'd be an issue if say...30 people shoved themselves into a server, all at the tame limit, each with most creatures out somewhere in that server.

A lot of people at this point can't even enter their own home servers, so I think that greed is the least of their worries. I also feel like this has gotten a bit side-tracked....what was this about again? Why's OP so angry?

On 4/6/2020 at 5:14 PM, balistikas said:

LOL?????? and you blame the rates? just enjoy DILO   the lag its due to the servers  gen are new nothing new  

Agreed, most likely the server farm being used is full of potatoes just barely capable of running, most players I suspect have better PCs solely for personal use.

Archived