Support Fails Epically for resolving griefing on Genesis

caleb68

6 minutes ago, Todgins said:

This was just one side of our base. Can't even tek punch because of sheer volume. LUCKILY they didnt put a feeding trough on a quetz and fly by once a week, they all starved after 7-14 days or so.
loghO0n.jpg

Reminds me of another player on our island server who had that same thing happen for reporting a Asian Region player for selling dinos, he warned the player if they kept trying to sell dinos for money he would report them, then the same happened to him.  I don't know if he ever reported that to the staff and what his result was never got back to him, but after a week they were all gone.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Play on private servers. 
Moron JQ public player issue solved. 

yeah that would resolve the problem but we can not get a copy of the existing map we've been playing on official for over 2 years now, or the other maps where we spent months establishing a base to work from on them.  If that were possible, i'd take those copies, and setup my own private cluster to work from, but its not sadly, and starting completely over from scratch just isn't something I have the energy to do anymore with this game, even if it would just be myself and my friends.

Another point that should also be taken into consideration sense your statement is broad,  not every player can afford to have their own public servers going for them and their friends, and finding a good public server that isn't going to be gone in 2-3 months (which seems the normal lifespan for most) is hard to do.

Usually my experiences on Official are quite pleasant, helped many of people and gotten help by others, making new friends along the way, and in general having a good time, but its things like this that just spoil the fun, not only for me but for any tribemate as well.   Even today, while attempting to tame a trike, someone led a magma strait to where I was taming, got it to fire twice and led it off, sadly I wasn't quick enough to see who it was, but I have a fair feeling its the same tribe that's been causing issues.

We even had someone stick pillars up next to our snow base, and someone even translated to see if they could get removed,  even with the translation, all they would say was "I don't speak English, speak Chinese".   Multiple times they came up to the base, to the exact spot the 3 pillars were blocking our gates, and didn't do anything, then left.  Thankfully later that day one of their tribe members I knew came on and removed the pillars. 

As I've stated before, Not all Asian Region Players are bad, as the above shows,  but one or two good ones doesn't take away what the majority of the others do.   Genesis with the lack of Asian Region servers just compounded a already existing problem.

Hopefully wildcard learns from their mistakes with this launch... but... hate to say it... I won't hold my breath.

yeah that would resolve the problem but we can not get a copy of the existing map we've been playing on official for over 2 years now, or the other maps where we spent months establishing a base to work from on them.  If that were possible, i'd take those copies, and setup my own private cluster to work from, but its not sadly, and starting completely over from scratch just isn't something I have the energy to do anymore with this game, even if it would just be myself and my friends.

Why didnt u play on legacy instead? If u were on one of those repurposed u could have gotten the copy to host.

52 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

Why didnt u play on legacy instead? If u were on one of those repurposed u could have gotten the copy to host.

Our main server is mostly good PvE players who understand how to play PvE, and many established tribes that have been there for a long time, like us.   The only time issues really arrive there is when wildcard holds longterm breeding events, and the server gets swamped at that point and dino cap is usually met before the event is even over.

Why didn't we start on a Legacy server?  you answered that yourself,  Legacy Servers are being repurposed, and why we don't play on most private servers - we didn't want to start on a server, start getting dino's bred up for better stats, and then 3 months down the road find out that the server is being repurposed for another DLC, or to expand the servers for the exisitng maps.  Wildcard already stated that the current server count is the maximum server count they will have, so any additional DLC, or player mods, like valguero and crystal isles that are turned into supported DLC, will be launched off of repurposed Legacy servers.

We Joined PvE because we didn't want to have to deal with the normal PvP behavior that goes on, and for the most part haven't had to.

I do have to say out of all the DLC, Genesis has been the worst PvE experience we have had the pleasure of experiencing. Not because of content, or lack of, not because of bugs that we have experienced, but because of some of the players within the game.

Archived