More variety in Tek and Metal gear and cosmetics

yGxvin

Suggestion

More variety in Tek and Metal gear and cosmetics

Tek and Metal gear have been the same for years , and yes their will be some new items add in Genesis but maybe on one of the later part of Genesis you could add some more small but useful items, tools , and mechanics to ark to make the game less straight forward. Also maybe special saddles for mythical creatures would do the game good for people playing on quicker pace servers and also give people that play late game on official more goals to build up towards. One more idea is more Tek cosmetic items or at least new skins made for Tek items, and maybe dyeable Tek projectiles.

7 replies to this server topic

9 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Just as bad tbh. They don't already have saddles for a reason. 

Because armor, but with the Griffin health nerf, that may no longer be a big issue for them.

And, also, the saddles don't need to provide armor values. They can be like the Titanosaur saddle and just give 1 armor, but enable the TEK gun. Or, if we wanted to get really crazy, they could do something else entirely--I for one would love to see TEK saddles do different things for each tame rather than all just pew pew.

Tek and Metal tier are the only tier that have "special" saddles of any kind. Saddles for the mythical creatures could really upset the balance of the game. Imagine Manas with Tek Saddles. 

If anything, the lower tiers of the game need the looking at. Cannon saddles were talked about at one point, and were simply never added. 

On 2/20/2020 at 1:36 PM, Tomm1e1 said:

Well there is a Tek Wyvern saddle in the Dev kit. And the rock drake has a Tek saddle so Scorched earth TLC might be a thing . Might also get that ascension ending

Devs have gone on record stating Scorched won't be getting ascension. Unless they go back on that after Genesis, don't hold your breath. 

On 2/20/2020 at 8:56 PM, PuffyPony said:

Because armor, but with the Griffin health nerf, that may no longer be a big issue for them.

And, also, the saddles don't need to provide armor values. They can be like the Titanosaur saddle and just give 1 armor, but enable the TEK gun. Or, if we wanted to get really crazy, they could do something else entirely--I for one would love to see TEK saddles do different things for each tame rather than all just pew pew.

The Griffin would likely have to lose it's multi-person riding capabilities to some extent then. And while I do suppose they could not have an armor value, the Titano saddle was merely the product of the devs trying to make the Titano balanced(And subsequently making it almost useless).  I don't know if it would happen. More Tek saddle abilities would be welcomed with open arms though. 

2 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Tek and Metal tier are the only tier that have "special" saddles of any kind. Saddles for the mythical creatures could really upset the balance of the game. Imagine Manas with Tek Saddles. 

If anything, the lower tiers of the game need the looking at. Cannon saddles were talked about at one point, and were simply never added. 

For Mythical I think he means Saddles for Wyverns and Griffins not the already saddleible Managamr

6 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Devs have gone on record stating Scorched won't be getting ascension. Unless they go back on that after Genesis, don't hold your breath. 

The Griffin would likely have to lose it's multi-person riding capabilities to some extent then. And while I do suppose they could not have an armor value, the Titano saddle was merely the product of the devs trying to make the Titano balanced(And subsequently making it almost useless).  I don't know if it would happen. More Tek saddle abilities would be welcomed with open arms though. 

Im aware that they have said hat they were not making a Scorched ending. I was just being sarcastic, however the TEK Wyvern saddle is definitely a thing in the dev kit 

Archived