Cleaning up Tameds really sucks.

Shebeatsyoui

Most things about dedicated servers are fantastic but one thing that is not is cleanup duty. Being in the hosts tribe means when a player or whole tribe quits its our job to kill all their tameds and level their bases. These are dinos and bases that someone has put love and time into and im destroying them. It sounds ridiculous but i actually feel dirty doing this.

Wish that when a player quit a server all their stuff would just poof or dinos become wild again. However thats not realistic so I'm wondering if anyone knows if the xbox gets that code that can destroy a player and their stuff with one button? I know console cheats are coming any day I just really hope this is one of em I'm tried of being "The Hitler or Ark" :(

Heres a vid of our latest cleanup duty. Seeing all the names in red really fills me with sadness :( What do you think does your tribe enjoy doing this or does it suck?

http://xboxclips.com/BMan2Cool4U/f9d42574-8cb3-4ffb-a658-a2de7fc52a7a/embed

7 minutes ago, SwishPapaSweets said:

Server admin no not without the CC. With CC you can use givetome to take ones dino or building 

And thats what were getting any day now? Id much rather keep the structures and give them to new players but as it stands they couldn't build on them so we just demolish. If the admin can gift or give them to players with cheats then problem solved. /hopes

I cared a lot more about that sort of thing, then my PVE server hit the tame cap for the first time. You wouldn't believe how fast people started sacrificing their own animals because they were afraid of not being able to tame new ones. As a server we used to go out of our way to keep and take care of abandoned animals from people who had disappeared or left the server "in case they come back", to the point where we did and still do have an adoption center full of unwanted tames. People are lot more pragmatic about it overall now. Abandoned animals, once found, are picked over for all the "good" animals and the rest left to their fates or helped along to keep the tame population low. No one really needs another 10 dilos or dodos or assorted low level farm animals.

Personally I don't feel the least bit bad about removing otherwise useless animals, be it other people's or my own. As for structures, before we turned autodemo on I was part of the unofficial "cleanup crew" that would roam around the island looking for bases, old taming foundations, etc that could be demolished and removing them to allow room for newer, active players to build. Our server used to have a high enough population that finding new spots to build could be tough for newbies, so we did have to do that sort of upkeep on the regular.

On 4/8/2016 at 7:47 AM, Cymas said:

I cared a lot more about that sort of thing, then my PVE server hit the tame cap for the first time. You wouldn't believe how fast people started sacrificing their own animals because they were afraid of not being able to tame new ones. As a server we used to go out of our way to keep and take care of abandoned animals from people who had disappeared or left the server "in case they come back", to the point where we did and still do have an adoption center full of unwanted tames. People are lot more pragmatic about it overall now. Abandoned animals, once found, are picked over for all the "good" animals and the rest left to their fates or helped along to keep the tame population low. No one really needs another 10 dilos or dodos or assorted low level farm animals.

Personally I don't feel the least bit bad about removing otherwise useless animals, be it other people's or my own. As for structures, before we turned autodemo on I was part of the unofficial "cleanup crew" that would roam around the island looking for bases, old taming foundations, etc that could be demolished and removing them to allow room for newer, active players to build. Our server used to have a high enough population that finding new spots to build could be tough for newbies, so we did have to do that sort of upkeep on the regular.

Thats exactically how iv always been too until we also hit the level cap. Killing my own dinos sucks but its my own i tamed them and had the right but cleaning up another tribes hard work is what was bothering me like i didnt have the right too but we couldnt just leave it taking up server space. 

This last update changed all that for me i killed my entire collection and replaced them with level 120s. I have zero respect for this game anymore :( cheat codes are video games worst temptation IMO. Iv basically went from being batman to the joker in one update lol. I could careless anymore any loss is a cheatcode away from being replaced.

On the other hand, you don't have to use cheat codes just because they're available. :) Console commands are tools, not intended to replace actually playing the game. PC players have had cheat codes from the beginning and tbh I've never been tempted to use them for anything that isn't within my description as a mod on my server, or occasionally on my SP to solve minor problems. I don't spawn in or force tame even though I could, because that's just not how I play the game.

It does make cleaning the server up a lot easier though since I can simply delete unwanted abandoned animals and structures when necessary.

Archived