Toggle roof skin for ceilings

Lowly

Suggestion

Toggle roof skin for ceilings

I think it would make a huge difference for builders if we could toggle ceilings to either have a ceiling (default) skin or a room style skin, most noticeable on Tek tier is that the sloped roof has a hexagonal pattern, when we place sloped roof and ceilings for roofs on our buildings I feel it would really tie Tek builds together if we could set the ceiling skins manually to have the hexagonal pattern; Like how we can toggle between stairs and ramps on the homestead stairs and we can switch between default and block view on foundations.

Disclosure:

I play on console Xbox and on official PvE servers so mods are not an option to enable this functionality

1 reply to this server topic

I would have to agree. 

And once coded, it seems it could be a simply change just as you suggested with the stairs-ramps and the default-block foundations. And using Tek as the example is perfect. There is such a difference, between the sloped and flat ceiling they do look rather poorly together. It also brought to mind the Lumber Styled Sloped and flat ceilings from Prim +. The sloped ceilings having that beautiful tiled appearance while the flat is simply the same lined up boards that are present for the foundations. I know it isn't part of the original game - but the example seems to apply. 

It seems it would be a simple option that could add to the building structures - without actually adding to the structures - and give us another way to add a bit of creativity to our builds. 

I too play strictly on Console PVE. However I have tried to keep up-to-date on mods out there, and I do know that there are some that allow for a expansion to the function that allows the outer layer to appear differently. The Castle, Keeps and Forts mod for one. Only with that particular mod - rather than adding several new building items, they simply set it so you can adjust the outer layer once place to resemble a different type of material. Eventually I hope we are given something similar to play with. 

Upvoted. ?

Archived