Tek gear is useless

Trilo

Suggestion

Tek gear is useless

I swear why are most tek things worthless?  The punch is a joke, the helmet's scan is so pixely that u can hardly see plus tho u can breath underwater it doesnt grant the goggle effect that it obviously should, the run and fall protection is nice but all the armor is to weak to actually wear compared to flak.  For a fancy alien spacesuit it also hardly does anything to protect u from temperatures either.  The rifle is outclassed by upgraded assault rifles and it breaks so quickly its worthless.  The shooting effect tek saddles have are so weak its almost worthless and upgraded saddles make a joke of tek saddles armor wise.  For the endgame items you take months building a team thru mutation breeding just to beat the bosses on hard, the tek stuff is kinda underwhelming.  And of course the 1 pve spot you'd actually need it, the tek cave, the game blocks the use of it.  Seems like a big waste of time to me, exception to the trough, teleporter, and transmitter. We, players, need to be rewarded after hundreds of hours of playtime with better gear.  Therefore, we want tek armor to get a buff, maybe new abilities.

6 replies to this server topic

The upgraded blueprints you get from Extinction OSD's are very good armor wise.

I loved my suit. Also they made it so the helmet gives you the gas mask clear effect underwater.

I love running Rag desert drops with speed run. I've KO'd a Giga on single player and kited several Giga's to their death on official with hover ability.

Tek Vacs are awesome plus the tek building pieces just look better than anything else in the game.

PvP wise, the tek weaponary has its place. Plus tek turrets shred Golems and Titans.

As you mentioned Tek Trans, Teleporter, Troughs are amazing.

The punch is kind of weak especially against dino's and speed players, plus the running up stuff you normally can't doesn't exist like the description suggests for leggings so some tweaks could be nice but most of tek is designed for PvP use so it's gonna have limited use in PvE.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

PvP wise, the tek weaponary has its place. Plus tek turrets shred Golems and Titans.

Yes. Tek turrets rock. But the rifle doesnt. Same as the sword. Can't actually remember using them for more than 10 minutes, not because  of the Element, just because of the stupidly low durability. They break way too fast. The sword for example, i can only hit things 15-20 times. 10 if i charge hit. I would like the game to be more rewarding regarding the tek armor and weapons. Perhaps, they should make some more tek gear. I would love to see more abilities like going invisible for the players and dinos around you just like the Rock Drake or that they make it so the tek helmet shows some kind of radar for resources or dinos. Posibilities are actually infinite since the armor that beings who created everything wore was "given" to you. Plus, temperature wise the thing hardly does anything, even with the full set

Archived