An idea to challenge alpha tribes.

An idea to challenge alpha tribes.

I was recently going through the explorer notes on scorched earth, and I found it interesting that the overseer (or whatever is on scorched earth) destroyed Nosti, because it was “too powerful”.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Explorer_Notes/John_Dahkeya

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Explorer_Notes/Raia

I think it would be interesting if on pvp (or even pve) if a tribe got large enough then the obelisks would start to glow and something would happen to the tribe. I am NOT asking for the entire tribe to be destroyed. If the tribe went to an obelisk it would contain a countdown to one of the following ideas.

1. A fire would start somewhere in the base and start to destroy it. Water-skins could be thrown down to stop it, irrigation could be rerouted, or a new “fire extinguisher” could be used. The fire would cause very high temperatures and would damage all structures (slower to tek, but rapidly to thatch).

2. A titanosaur skinned to look like the overseer could spawn in and attack the alpha tribe. This titano would not be tame-able in any way.

3. Electric cable and pipes could randomly start breaking and needing repairs.

4. All members of the tribe would come down with a non contagious version of swamp fever.

5. A random carnivore in the tribe would become wild and need retaming. 

What do you guys think about an idea like this?

I think a better suggestion would be to add limited uses to blueprints like they did in Atlas (one of the few things they right in that game). This would at least force tribes to have to keep collecting them somehow and if you make the drops rare then that might encourage them to invade and attack other tribes for these valuable blueprints because atm in the game at a high level there is no real currency, nothing really of worth for these large mega tribes to fight over.

Archived