Under water torch?

RiverRat

42 minutes ago, caastor said:

u can't have a torch on a gun what if ur underwater xD or the gun starts burning 

8 minutes ago, TylerTheDoctor said:

I believe they're referring to the flashlight (which is referred to as a torch sometimes).

It's a British vs. American English thing. What the Brits call a "torch," Americans refer to as a "flashlight."

14 hours ago, Poojes said:

Standing torch + Angler Gel? 

no tried that, wont light. Haven't tried putting it on an aquatic mount platform and submerging it with the torch pre lit though. The miners helmet will work underwater but you loose the scuba mask if you use it so kind of catch 22. The anglers do make a good light source but I'm also trying an experiment with the trophy base with the artefact of the massive on it (I have it mounted on my plesio platform at the moment) as it gives off blue light, just need to test it properly

It's a British thing, likely a holdover from when a torch was an actual hand held torch and the name carried on to a hand held battery powered light when it was first invented.

Miner's helmet, light attachment for weapons should work, but may not be programmed to, underwater. Even then, there is a limited range of illumination.

Or, just craft and eat a shadow steak or tame an angler fish.

21 minutes ago, Honest said:

Just to clarify, British people speak English, also I'm an Englishman (not British).

Sorry, just despise being called British.

Forgive my ignorance, but... what's the difference between being British and being an Englishman? I imagine that if you despise being called British, there must be some significant distinction between the two terms.

Also, I never meant to imply that British people don't speak English. I was referring to the idea of "British English" vs" American English," in regards to their different terminology for certain words (a flashlight is known as a "torch," the trunk of your car is called the "boot", a "biscuit" is actually a cookie, etc. etc.)

• 1 year later...
On 3/17/2016 at 11:08 AM, NymeriaSaida said:

Forgive my ignorance, but... what's the difference between being British and being an Englishman? I imagine that if you despise being called British, there must be some significant distinction between the two terms.

Also, I never meant to imply that British people don't speak English. I was referring to the idea of "British English" vs" American English," in regards to their different terminology for certain words (a flashlight is known as a "torch," the trunk of your car is called the "boot", a "biscuit" is actually a cookie, etc. etc.)

Here's the reason "torch" is largely ineffective. A torch by definition has to to with a means of fire. Combustion through a primary source and secondary gaseous source, in this case, oxygen.

When it's done electrically, through an LED for instance, it's a light, a type of light that has flash properties. Thus a flashlight.

Trunk can be a boot if let's say the car was upright from the rear bumper. Then by that sense, the trunk would be the "boot" of that car if we were to anthropomorphize it.

As for biscuits, scones and cookies. It has to do with softness/hardness to sweetness. Biscuits are usually buttermilk, flaky and fluffy, almost never sweet. Go great with butter, jams, and even at times, gravy. Scones are harder and more crumbly, closer to a very hard/ dense cake, not as hard as a cookie and not as sweet but sweeter than a biscuit which are generally not sweet for the obvious reasons. Cookies are harder, usually very crumbly variants which are almost always sweet to very sweet such as Chips Ahoy, Oreo, etc.

Archived