Mutation Bloodlines?

Nokutori

Mutation Bloodlines?

So I'm kinda new to mutation breeding, I've researched it, and I understand some of it, I've heard you shouldn't mix two different mutations together till they're "maxed" (I assume 20 marks?) so I'm wondering, one of my dinosaurs have a health mutation, if I want to stick to health mutations, do I have to tame another two dinosaurs, breed them till they get a health mutation baby, then breed those two mutation dinos together, then repeat till it's max?

If the hp mutation is on a male, you can breed it with any unmutated female until you get another hp mutation. 

This is if you want to max the hp mutation. 

If it is on a female, breed it with an unmutated male until you get that hp on a male and then breed it with unmutated females.

The more unmutated females the better the chance since mutations are a number game.

Now the 20 cap (which as long as the females are at least under 19/20 can be surpassed) isn't a necessity. It's really up to how far you want to go.

Just a little context, I hatched roughly 100 argy eggs a week for 6 months to get 13 weight mutes. So it's a process. 

So you can also do a mutation stack, keeping any mutes you want if you prefer that route. 

The stat seperate thing is because if both sides are under 20 mutes, you are getting chances each time you breed on both sides which means you can max a stat faster (well chance is you will) that way. 

If that's not a concern and you want to just mute something for a high powered dino to use but want it faster then you can just keep any relevant stats and breed until you are satisfied.

Explaining the rest of your question.

I'll put it in a formula.

1 Mute A breeds with Nonmute A

If no mutations the dino will be

1 Mute B

However, if I understood your question right, 

If 1 Mute A breeds with 1 Mute A2 (representing a different dino with a mute) and there is no additional mutation, the result will be

2 Mute B as both mutes (even if they are the same stats and even if they are different stats but it only shows 1 or neither) will show on the lineage.

Hopefully that's understandable but just to try and clarify a bit more, very basic

Rex A has 1 mute and 12k hp

Rex B has 1 mute and 12k hp

The baby will show 12k hp but lineage will show 2 mutes

Rex A has 1 mute that is 12k hp and a melee of 365

Rex B has 1 mute of 390 melee and an hp of 11.3k hp

The baby could be

12k hp, 390 melee

11.3k hp, 390 melee

12k hp, 365 melee

11.3k hp, 365 melee

but each one will show 2 mutes on its lineage.

Archived