What controls the amount of prime meat received?

crossmr

I've been trying to work on some settings for single player and ran into an issue. On a small tribes server, I normally receive between 0-6 prime meat from a paracer when killed and harvested with an argy. Harvest rates there are 3x. Only single player I disabled "singe player settings" because I know that changes a lot. And changed my harvest rate to 4.5 as I wanted to generate a bout 50% more resources per node than small tribes. This seems to be working for most things, but not prime meat. Prime meat is totally out of control.

On official an anky would pull about 200 metal of 1-2 hits of a high metal node. I'm getting about 300 on my single player. So the rates seem about right. The problem is when an argy kills a paracer. First swipe? 20 prime meat. By the time he finishes the next two swipes? 37 prime meat. Sure that makes prime easy, but far too easy. I'm pulling 5 prime of a titanboa when 75% of the time I'd normally get 0 on official and the other time get 1. I'm a bit scared to have a moschops harvest a paracer, I feel like I'd get 400 prime or something stupid like that.

Are there any other settings which would have an effect on prime and not other resources? I did see the "dino harvest damage" is default to 3.2. So I set that to 1 and tried, and while prime seemed normal, metal wasn't. On small tribes the anky would get 150-200 metal in a single swing, but now with that set to 1.0, he'd only get like 33 metal per swing. Setting it back to 3.2 matched small tribes rates. It did seem to fix prime though, as I killed 2 rexes and got around 7 prime total between them. It seems strange that metal and prime meat harvesting aren't in sync, as they're both just resources from a node.

I tried adding: HarvestResourceItemAmountClassMultipliers=(ClassName = "PrimalItemConsumable_RawPrimeMeat_C",Multiplier=1.0) to my game.ini file. First I set it to 0.3 thinking that would get me around 50% more than a small tribes server. However when set at 0.3, I got nothing. Set it to 1.0 thinking it was just messed up for some reason and pulled 30 prime off the next paracer. Makes no sense.

It always depends on the creature you are harvesting from and the creature you are harvesting with. The Anky has a metal harvesting rate of 4.5, which is good. An Argy has a prime meat rating of 3.2, which is good for a start, but still quite low. If you want to harvest more prime meat you have to get a better creature, like a Rex, a Yuty, Spino, Wyvern,... 

If you want to know about the gathering efficiency, look it up on Dododex.

Archived