Any Personal Tips and Tricks to Get Started?

Adxptive

So I just bought the game and have been playing with my friends for a little over two hours now on Xbox. Are there any tips and tricks that could help me? Right now I'm spending my time collecting berries only to move a few feet and then have to collect more berries so I don't starve. Other than that it's a really fun game.

Btw I'm on a PvP server

Thanks!

I reckon go on single player max out the xp multiplier and just have a look around.

ARK will have somethings you will like and use and others you will not need. It takes time to find stuff out and get the most rewarding experience.

Although if you are playing with friends PvP may be alright if you make a tribe and explore and start out together.

well what i did was play single player and got used to how the game works without having to deal with other players.

When i started PvP it was tough. Your gonna die...alot. but it doesnt matter its all about leveling till you have the supplies to build a lil safe base. I completely skipped making a thatch house and a wood house and went straight to stone. I hid in the woods leveling and slaying any creature i could find to level and get meat. i suggest not taming much of anything unless you have walls.

you may have to jump to a few servers...some are great with decent tribes and some are over run with Dbags. youll find them anywhere but i think some servers are better than others.

My server is NAoficial server 417 and its a good one...barely been raided in the last 2 weeks.

Also dont be a Dbag...its a good way to get hated in the server and you will never last long if a bigger tribe hates you

Stop sprinting everywhere, that's why you need to stop and get food so often. Sprinting drains your food and water much faster than normal walking. You want to make sure you have stamina for when something inevitably starts chasing you anyway. Also when you collect berries, don't just stop and grab 2 or 3. Spend a minute or so and get a whole bunch of them to refill your hunger to max. When you get some raw meat, make a campfire and cook it; you only need a few cooked meat to refill your hunger instead of a stack of berries. Just note that while berries also fill water a little, cooked meat does not.

9 hours ago, Adxptive said:

So I just bought the game and have been playing with my friends for a little over two hours now on Xbox. Are there any tips and tricks that could help me? Right now I'm spending my time collecting berries only to move a few feet and then have to collect more berries so I don't starve. Other than that it's a really fun game.

Btw I'm on a PvP server

Thanks!

PvP, if you dont join a tribe, you're more than likely going to become extremely frustrated as you get killed and raided. Some alpha tribes will wait until you've built up a but and then they'll lay waste to base and take your stuff.  Basically as you harvest berries, they harvest you.

Just be ready to expect that soon if you dont figure out how to protect yourself.

On 3/7/2016 at 11:03 PM, CMitch24 said:

start collecting plant species X from swamps as its a great defense and deters some people.

tame a male dodo and a few females and they will lay eggs which later can be crafted into dodo kibble for a pteranodon which once your lvl 35 you can fly him which is a game changer

What I'm in process of doing, good to know my information was valid. Plant X should have sprouted last night, and got my little stone shack built in the back for my Dodos got my male and one female. On my way. 

For me being a solo player in a PvP server staying low key is very important. I dont type in chat unless its a code for help and setting up basic communication with the surrounding groups was critical. Offer people trade or let them know what market you are getting into.

Test the waters before you start trying to establish anything or you'll be wasting your time. Have a plan and try and stick to it, don't keep jumping around, negative stuff is going to find you no matter where you go. 

Dont move in straight lines (as long as you have good sense of direction), constantly check behind you. Stay near cover and dont expose yourself if people are in the air you stand out like a sore thumb if you just running around. 

Archived