Charge Lanterns inside Rockwell Arena... ?

JoJo417

As many of you may know, using the Charge Lantern(s) while solo farming Red Gems can buy you a few precious seconds/minutes. Set one or two down at high intensity and nameless will not come near you. But what about taking them into the Rockwell Arena during the boss fight ? Can it be done as far as placing them down ? ...in a crossfire zone, where a few players agro the reapers into said crossfire zone, meanwhile the rest of your mates take care of Rockwell's tentacles ? I've searched the Ark Wiki and website and there is no mention of items such as a lantern BUT, there is also no mention of turrets and I'm sure the Devs would prevent anyone from putting down turrets in a Boss fight. So I do understand if it's a no go on Charge Lanterns. I had to ask, seeing 4 or 5 Lanterns can literally take the place of 10 shoulder pets and free up space for another we have in mind. This is the Alpha fight, we have to get this right.

• 2 weeks later...

you can take them to the arena but they need to be fired like a weapon and the person holding them aiming so they aren't very practical. I have personally tried placing them to confirm and they will not place as referenced above no structures can be in any boss fight. Shoulder pet is best just make sure you don't get hit with tenticles/lighting dicharge it knocks them off your shoulder and you need to pick them up.

Archived