breeding Mobile Breeding & Mutations Guide

Cyberknight

So, after watching some videos and reading some guides, I might have got things twisted and sound confused bc actually I am lol but which way should I do:::::: I tamed a M Rex 150 and a fem Rex 140, k... so in order to start breeding right, I need 2 from same lvl and stats and actually combine their best stats. So what method should I use? Breed them 2 rexes and get a son and a daughter from the same level and start breeding them for mutations, or, I breed the tamed rexes and get, for example, a son, then breed it with its mother and  hopefully it will give me a female baby Rex with same stats as it’s brother? Which method do I use? 

On 12/19/2018 at 11:09 AM, docredduke10 said:

Great guide.  I wish I read this months ago.  A couple of questions.  1.  Have you ever seen a dino despawn in Ark Mobile because it's level was above 450?  If so, what did it look like?  2.  I have tried some of the stat calculators that are used for other platforms of ARK, but they do not seem to correlate well.  Do you have one that you use?  Thanks. 

To answer your #1 question definitively (sorry for the necro): It is not possible to observe this event as they are wiped during the daily server resets.

Concerning your #2 question: The stats are different between mobile and pc, it seems. There is not one accurate to mobile specifically. It will always read that your stats are too high for the level. 

On 12/20/2018 at 1:56 PM, Kens2cool said:

Very good post and based on everything I've found and experienced it seems accurate. Thanks for taking the time lay it all out like that for folks.

I just really wish they would at least give us a mutation counter on mobile. I dont need the family tree, just to know where I am at on the 20/20.

My mammoth line randomly mutated while trying to set up gen 1 on a male and now it's going to be a pain to keep correctly. But I love the blue color so not wasting it.

As far as I have found, there are no mutation limits built into the mobile game probably because the systems and code necessary to run, check and maintain would be too overwhelming for mobile devices to process without crashing the game/device. The mutation limit in Mobile, as far as I’ve been able to tell is limited only by level, making the max level limit the only restriction. It is possible to maintain stats and drop levels through breeding to take advantage of this mechanic. 

On 3/25/2019 at 1:58 PM, docredduke10 said:

I have been continuing to breed sabers and learning.  For your breeding stock and to get the best stats, tame level 300 dinos if possible.  For most dinos, you want to maximize health and damage, but there are other stats you may want high also.  So keep and breed those until you have a dino with all the max stats.  You need to convert the just tamed dinos stats into levels.  I use Dododex for this.  It is good to use levels to build your "ideal" dino.  Use a pool of 380 levels and place them in the dinos stats like you would if you could just program the dino into ARK.  Post hatch/tame levels increase more than pre hatch/tame levels for most dinos, that is why you use 380 levels.  380 + 70 max post tame levels = 450 max total level.  Some of the stats you will want low and the only way you can work these in to your breeding stock is to tame lower level dinos to breed with your max level breeding stock.  My experience is that the lower level dino has to at least be 1/2 the level of your higher level breeding stock to get any of the higher level stats.  So, you cannot breed your 450 level max breeder with a level 15 dino in order to try and get a low movement speed stat.  That means looking for a dino between levels 150-160 to tame with max effectivness, in order to get a dino at 225-240 level.  You will find that this is your sweet spot as far as getting really good dinos to sell and use, because even if you get a dino without the max stat in health, it only takes 10 or so post tame levels to get it there.  If you get lucky and get the perfect dino in a set of opposite gender twins, you can clone it as needed, lol.

You are grossly incorrect with your statement concerning backbreeding (breeding in the lower level stats). There is no such restriction. I frequently breed a minimum level (15 on brutal servers and potentially level 1 which I’ll be testing soon) with a max level (600) with no problems whatsoever.

You are right that torpor is different but only in the percentage of its outcome. It is not averaged. It is calculated based off of the invisible speed levels AND total additional levels in the creature. You’ll see that it increases with each stat mutation. However, it is very possible (but incredibly trying) to reduce torpor through breeding while maintaining all other acquired stats. 

On 3/26/2019 at 4:53 PM, Silverandblack702 said:

Ok dude, you know what you're talking about lol

@docredduke10 yes, he is being dumb and probably trolling. You are correct. @Silverandblack702 the devs have stated and confirmed multiple times that max levels are 450 on *ALL* servers excepting the level 600 limit on brutal servers. Bolded, italicized, and underlined for you just in case you are still missing it. 

On 5/22/2019 at 1:10 AM, Ohio1922 said:

I was wondering why my wild tamed male argy wont breed with my wild tamed female on the female has can mate trying to figure out why the male doesnt 

This occurs sometimes when you forget that one or the other (or both) is still set to follow you. Try whistling stop. If this doesn’t work, try relogging. 

@Cyberknight this is a pretty good job and pretty accurate for mobile. Not too bad, it just needs a bit added here and there and some edits for grammar/spelling. Otherwise, it has the makings of a great guide. I’d suggest using tranq, tranqs, and tranq(ed)’d as abbreviations for tranquilizing related terms in the future to make it easier to understand initially. It took me a second to realize what it referred to because it isn’t a real word and nowhere in the English language do those letters ever find themselves used as that specific string other than as a misspelling of tranq. 

On 7/20/2019 at 3:18 PM, Fontellesxd said:

So, after watching some videos and reading some guides, I might have got things twisted and sound confused bc actually I am lol but which way should I do:::::: I tamed a M Rex 150 and a fem Rex 140, k... so in order to start breeding right, I need 2 from same lvl and stats and actually combine their best stats. So what method should I use? Breed them 2 rexes and get a son and a daughter from the same level and start breeding them for mutations, or, I breed the tamed rexes and get, for example, a son, then breed it with its mother and  hopefully it will give me a female baby Rex with same stats as it’s brother? Which method do I use? 

You can use any two starting levels. There’s just a higher chance of shared base stats if you tame two at the same level. Does that make sense? You just breed your starting 2 until you get 2 babies of opposite gender that both have the stats you want whether it be all of the highest stats, or all high except certain ones (i.e. oxygen on a flying creature). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 2:07 AM, Kamal said:

Since you guys seems expert at breeding. You guys know how to speed up mate timer? Im playing SP. Tried the 400% speed but still gonna take long time. The worst is, when i logged off from single player, the timer stops. 

You have to leave your game running at 400%... that’s the only way, unfortunately. 

23 hours ago, ScienceFire said:

Correction: a Level 15 spawn would get 14 random levels, not 15. Remember, it starts at Level 1, not Level 0.

Another correction: both levels in a mutation are actually for a stat. If there is a colour-only mutation i.e. mutation in movespeed, there should be 0 levels gained. Colour does not affect level.

I’m not sure who you are correcting, but yes that is true. It’s why no two lvl 15s have the same stats. However, I’m pretty sure the lowest possible stats of a level 15 (or rather minimum spawned level on server) for any given stat is 150, 10 per level. I could test this using a level 1 through god console manipulation, but force leveling only shows stat changes after tame. So I’d have to tame it at a perfect 0.0% tame effectiveness (which would take hours upon hours) because even with 0 levels you still have a certain percentage of 1 level (think fractions/decimals) that gets added randomly to a stat.

I think you can get mutations in speed and torpor that change the level without actually improving any stats and may/may not exhibit a color if it falls on a region that cannot be changed. 

• 9 months later...
On 3/26/2019 at 12:42 PM, docredduke10 said:

On ARK Mobile Official Hard Servers, the max tame level is 450.  Anything above that gets erased at server maintenance.

On 3/26/2019 at 12:42 PM, docredduke10 said:

On ARK Mobile Official Hard Servers, the max tame level is 450.  Anything above that gets erased at server maintenance.

A bit off topic, but on a hard server I’m in, we have a saber that’s level 450. It showed exp going up/full but we can’t level it. Does that mean it can’t be erased? Or is it some kind of bug? We’ve had sever maintenance several times while it was like this but it was still there afterwards. 

• 11 months later...

Archived