(Singleplayer) Caves not spawning dinos

Vynlann

I wasn't able to locate a bug report thread, so I'm hoping to raise some awareness. About a year ago WC said they fixed cave spawns. No idea what exactly they fixed, but I haven't experienced a fix, been playing since spring of 2016. 

I will just copy and paste my steam discussions OP here for easier reference, so it may look familiar. 

This is more a thread to raise awareness, but if anyone has a work around besides hosting your own server by all means please list it.

I know there are fixes for this which I will list I do not want to do (because what's the point...). I'm having the good ol classic issue where dinos aren't respawning in certain caves. After 2 wild dino wipes it's an issue with these specific caves. This is on Island for reference.

- Lower South
- Swamp
- Carno Island

I've tp'ed to every other cave and inspected, not a single dino. The problem is these 3 caves have megalanias in them which I need for megapithecus. Now I'm well aware I could easily go to center or rag and get it, it's incredibly easy there. My plan was not to leave island until I completed tek cave, and then move onto aberration, and then if I had time before extinction was out, go to ragnarok.

So moving to another map is out of the question. I had a similar issue with resource spawns, where I had to basically upload all my dinos, wipe the island map and spawn back in and download my dinos. This is also out of the question since I have built up a fairly large base that if I have to rebuild again, I will likely just quit SP altogether. 

This issue has been "fixed" and still has plagued ark for almost 2 years now. Is there some work around I'm not aware of that doesn't involve me moving it to dedicated or going to another map? Again if thats the case, I just quit altogether. 

**This next part you can scroll past, but if you plan to poke singleplayer, read it first.** Before you poke the fact I play singleplayer "why not play dedicated," well I do. But singleplayer offers a different experience that you can't experience anywhere for key reasons. I can pause the game, which I can't do for any other situation. It's important when I have a family and may need to get up a random moments. There is no timer on bosses, this includes tek cave which is also important, less so, but it removes that piece of stress. It's mine, I can control it however I want, and although I'm pretty sure my PC can't handle playing ark and hosting dedicated. There's also 0 latency. Small things like eating, dropping items, heck even dropping an egg has a different effect in SP which all of these makup a better experience to me.

1 hour ago, Vynlann said:

I wasn't able to locate a bug report thread, so I'm hoping to raise some awareness. About a year ago WC said they fixed cave spawns. No idea what exactly they fixed, but I haven't experienced a fix, been playing since spring of 2016. 

I will just copy and paste my steam discussions OP here for easier reference, so it may look familiar. 

This is more a thread to raise awareness, but if anyone has a work around besides hosting your own server by all means please list it.

I know there are fixes for this which I will list I do not want to do (because what's the point...). I'm having the good ol classic issue where dinos aren't respawning in certain caves. After 2 wild dino wipes it's an issue with these specific caves. This is on Island for reference.

- Lower South
- Swamp
- Carno Island

I've tp'ed to every other cave and inspected, not a single dino. The problem is these 3 caves have megalanias in them which I need for megapithecus. Now I'm well aware I could easily go to center or rag and get it, it's incredibly easy there. My plan was not to leave island until I completed tek cave, and then move onto aberration, and then if I had time before extinction was out, go to ragnarok.

So moving to another map is out of the question. I had a similar issue with resource spawns, where I had to basically upload all my dinos, wipe the island map and spawn back in and download my dinos. This is also out of the question since I have built up a fairly large base that if I have to rebuild again, I will likely just quit SP altogether. 

This issue has been "fixed" and still has plagued ark for almost 2 years now. Is there some work around I'm not aware of that doesn't involve me moving it to dedicated or going to another map? Again if thats the case, I just quit altogether. 

**This next part you can scroll past, but if you plan to poke singleplayer, read it first.** Before you poke the fact I play singleplayer "why not play dedicated," well I do. But singleplayer offers a different experience that you can't experience anywhere for key reasons. I can pause the game, which I can't do for any other situation. It's important when I have a family and may need to get up a random moments. There is no timer on bosses, this includes tek cave which is also important, less so, but it removes that piece of stress. It's mine, I can control it however I want, and although I'm pretty sure my PC can't handle playing ark and hosting dedicated. There's also 0 latency. Small things like eating, dropping items, heck even dropping an egg has a different effect in SP which all of these makup a better experience to me.

I play on a private player, I have the same issue with Lower South to be sure, haven't farmed Swamp or Carno Island as much but it seems to be the case there as well. 

There is little I can add to what you already said, I too am insistent on completing 100% of the base content in The Island Ark. The only thing that is different in my case is that I do not have the single player option on, I try to keep it as vanilla as possible however and no mods. 

It took me ages to find a pair of Megalosaurus, even longer to get the Megalania to show. I am now missing 1 male Megalania and the taming is quite horrid as the torpor drops very quickly on it.

Cheers!

Just now, Austria said:

Go in and eat rare Flowers and a lot of Dinos come out of walls

Except these caves aren't spawning in any dinos. Using awesome spyglass you can basically x-ray vision through the wall with a setting enabled by default. The dino tracker mod also lets you see wild dinos nearby and lower south cave wasn't picking up any; Arthos, Araneos, Scorpions, Titanoboas, etc.

This was a trend for all 3 caves with their exclusive creatures in them. It's not a matter of them hiding, it's a matter of the cave being empty from head to toe. Heck lower south cave didn't even have any pirahnas in the water. 

2 hours ago, Martellus said:

I play on a private player, I have the same issue with Lower South to be sure, haven't farmed Swamp or Carno Island as much but it seems to be the case there as well. 

There is little I can add to what you already said, I too am insistent on completing 100% of the base content in The Island Ark. The only thing that is different in my case is that I do not have the single player option on, I try to keep it as vanilla as possible however and no mods. 

It took me ages to find a pair of Megalosaurus, even longer to get the Megalania to show. I am now missing 1 male Megalania and the taming is quite horrid as the torpor drops very quickly on it.

Cheers!

I was lucky enough to get my megalosaurus in central cave next to my base (I have basically enveloped the area between the volcano and obsidian mountain to the east of it as my base) and the other gender in lower south before it started having spawn issues. I was planning on breeding megalanias for the toxin in case this issue arose but it seems I'm down to 1 cave, lava cave. I have yet to see a megalania in there yet (using rare flowers and dino tracker, none pop up). Heck I saw a megalosaurus in lava cave before a megalania, had no idea megalosaurus could even spawn in there.

Archived