So why are you allowed to place c4 on friendly structures?

Frost027

17 hours ago, Redname said:

People enjoy pissing, degrading and messing with others. And this is all what this game is about. To have fun destroying others hard work in the lowest possible ways. To do what you cant do in real life. Cause they would do it too if they hadnt consequences. I dont believe in that separation from virtual to real life. People would kill and degrade others if they could get away with it just for fun.

I would happily grind my buddies to dust if we ended up as adversaries in a game, yet I'd do anything to assist them in real life.

I would gleefully headshot my son repeatedly if we were adversaries in a game, yet I'd give my life for him if needed.

I would cheerfully flatten your base if I judged you to be a potential threat in game... repeatedly if necessary, yet I would go out of my way to assist you if you were in danger in real life.

Your theory doesn't hold water where the vast majority of players are concerned.  You're making the mistake of attributing actual value to imaginary objects made of pixels, in a game with no real penalty for death besides (presumably enjoyable) time spent playing the game, and viewing legitimate and legal gameplay as cheating simply because someone got the better of you.  You have exactly the same tools available to you as anyone else in game, use them.

17 hours ago, Redname said:

My advice is going to play PVE and play with friends

That sounds like sound advice in your case.  Not because you are an inferior player in any way, but because you are taking PVP game play far too personally.  PVE with friends will allow you to relax and enjoy what the game has to offer in a low stress environment, and there is nothing wrong with that.  It's just not everyones cup of tea.

• invincibleqc changed the title to So why are you allowed to place c4 on friendly structures?
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

Your theory doesn't hold water where the vast majority of players are concerned.  You're making the mistake of attributing actual value to imaginary objects made of pixels, in a game with no real penalty for death besides (presumably enjoyable) time spent playing the game, and viewing legitimate and legal gameplay as cheating simply because someone got the better of you.  You have exactly the same tools available to you as anyone else in game, use them.

Lets give credit where its due. You are right and maybe i got a bit too dark there. And its true i give too much value to things in game. I enjoy playing rpg and fantasy so i need to give certain importance to things as dinos (naming them, caring them, building them a nice cage etc) or others things. Imagination is what i like when i play games and without that i feel the game too bland. I dont take pleasure if i just consider them pixels.

But i disagree in some points. The objects have actual value cause you spend time of your life getting them. Unless you consider your time useless. I read recently a story here about a guy who had studies and job and a exigent tribe what made him play almost 24h. Some days he slept barely 2 hours. One day his tribe kicked him and give him only a Stego cause they felt pity for him.

I cant imagine how much i would lament those hours spent for nothing. It seems you wouldnt mind that or something wiping you over and over wasting dozens of hours of your time. I guess everyone has different opinions about how to spent their time. And you clearly said it "pleasurable". This game hasnt a good time for you if you play alone. The chores are kinda boring and unless you talk with someone while doing it this isnt pleasurable at all.

The second point i disagree is where you say you have the same tools. With time you can have the same tools. But in a server you dont begin having level 100. There are tribes locking resources and spawn points and with much more power than you. They can easily wipe you as many times as they want and you cant do nothing about that. You will never have the same tools as them if they dont want you to have them. A competition or a war is enjoyable if both parties have enough power to be considered a fight. But that doesnt happen here. People enjoy destroying wood and thatch houses and killing the triceratops of that noob. And yeah im talking about the vast majority of players.

Thinking about that, is very difficult to believe their actions in game doesnt reflect their preferences in real life. Those examples you put about yourself are ok if both parties have enough power like i said. You can have a good time with your son and friends and no hard feelings. My point is there are certain circumstances where the way you play reveals that you enjoy. Imagine a game about raping children. Or killing jews and black people, playing the role of hitler. Where we draw the line? We cant just say this is fantasy over and over.

The situation here isnt so extreme but killing poor noobs doesnt give me a positive opinion about this community. I didnt try Survival of the fittest. I think there are really the same tools there like you said, so maybe i will try in future. Anyway i understand people dont like to think about morals or things like that, but i do. And thanks for giving your opinion too

On 9/26/2018 at 9:15 PM, Glerian said:

There are two reasons that still doesn't actually matter. One is multiple accounts. Your character gets blacklisted, no problem, just make another one. And two, that only actually matters if your goal is to join a mega-tribe and go endgame. Which is not something everyone cares about. And if you do, then you just make a new character and use that one instead. Nothing actually matters in the virtual world because you are completely anonymous and your character is immortal. No action carries permanent consequences. 

It's not your character that gets blacklisted, but you and your steam account. Established tribes will often ask/check your steam id, which is a unique number for every Steam user. You get blacklisted by an alliance you have to rebuy a 2nd copy of the game on a 2nd account if you want to play with any of those tribes again.

Also you cant just go and join a tribe, no one but absolute beach bobs recruit strangers. In most tribes recruitment tend to work based on past history of working together or on recommendations of mutual friends. Larger tribes will be doing a thorough background check, verifying the tribes and servers you played on, and will require members in good standing to vouch for you and your past tribe leaders to recommend you. You are throwing away months of work when you inside a tribe.

Insiding does and will happen, even to the most prepared. But thats part of the games rich social dynamic, where part of challenge is knowing who to trust and how to lead people in a world where anyone backstab you. The in-tribe politics is part of what makes Ark so amazing.

Archived