TRASH GAME

JohnyMrkevCZ

I was just thinking.....because I was looking for Aberration......it was $19..99 for me before release. Another $19.99 for Scorched Earth. And now they want another $19.99 for Aberration. 

So they want $59.00 for just the Game itself before expansions - for a game that has the same issues as before. It still crashes a lot. It is still very buggy. 

I take classes for Game Art development so this game is very intriguing. I want to take classes now for game programming just to learn how to solve the problem!!

18 minutes ago, FraggleRock said:

I was just thinking.....because I was looking for Aberration......it was $19..99 for me before release. Another $19.99 for Scorched Earth. And now they want another $19.99 for Aberration. 

So they want $59.00 for just the Game itself before expansions - for a game that has the same issues as before. It still crashes a lot. It is still very buggy. 

I take classes for Game Art development so this game is very intriguing. I want to take classes now for game programming just to learn how to solve the problem!!

The problem is engine ?

16 minutes ago, Baton said:

The problem is engine ?

Ok.

#1 How can an engine have so many issues.

#2 How can the programmers not see the issues with the engine that we see.

#3 How can WC not see what we see.

#4 Which leaves us with......the internet. In SP you can see some issues with the game itself. WC could polish the game up based on that. Those problems are magnified once we log on to the internet. 

Just now, FraggleRock said:

Ok.

#1 How can an engine have so many issues.

#2 How can the programmers not see the issues with the engine that we see.

#3 How can WC not see what we see.

#4 Which leaves us with......the internet. In SP you can see some issues with the game itself. WC could polish the game up based on that. Those problems are magnified once we log on to the internet. 

That's not how it works....

23 minutes ago, FraggleRock said:

Could an amount of dinos being transferred to a server overload an engine causing it to stutter or slow down?

Number of dinos on a map does cause it to slow down - which is why there are limits set in the ini files.

In my opinion, it is a combination of buggy code and a game engine that might not 100% be up to the challenge of satisfying WildCard's vision of what ARK should be.  It's like when morons who think they are game-reviewers (performance review/showcase) load ARK with their GTX 1060 or RX 580 running around as a freshly created beach-Bob on singleplayer, and say the game runs great on this or that GPU:  That is not representative of what ARK becomes, with sprawling metal bases, hundreds of dinosaurs, panels to light and reflect, tails to animate, not to mention the fact that people from literally every corner of the world connect to one server (some with 500-1500 MS ping).  The demand on server-side systems is huge.  The demand on client-side systems is huge.  The demand on internet stability is huge.  All things considered (lag, random soft-stalls, directX crashes, fatal errors, server crashes, tamecapped servers, and list goes on...) I am surprised the game runs this good, and if you took the risk and played in Early Access, you'd remember the time that even high-end GPUs had to force-start in directX 10 mode because of memory-leaks (when starting in directX 11) that gave you approximately 15 minutes to play before ARK would force-close!

EDIT:  I understand the Early Access information does not mean that people don't want the game to run good right now (as a full-release AAA-priced title).  I'm just sharing information to let you know:  It has come very very far.

Archived