Small tribes servers and friendly people?

Grandta

12 hours ago, covenantgrunt said:

When you play a game like say CS:GO or PUBG do you complain about why the players are shooting at you ?

To make a more apt comparison Ark is basically a very slow paced RTS game, with dinos being the main units and players as hero characters. When you play a game like Warcraft or Starcraft 2 do you complain when somebody else builds up a much better base and wipes yours ? When he killed non combat units do you get salty for "killing passives" ?

Same here, when you join to play on a PVP server on Ark, you are there to shoot people, destroy bases and kill dinos. If you wanna just build stuff, be nice, or do limited PVP under strict rules go check out unofficials.

there is only one thing to do in csgo or pubg, kill enemy. thats whole point of game. whole point of ark it to ascend. there are two modes, pve and pvpve, but we usually call second mode pvp even its full name is pvpve. dont get me wrong, im not against battles. its fine to raid rich base. what not ok is griefing thatch bobs just for sadistic fun. and problem with ark is that its full of those sadistic types

8 hours ago, Corrigan said:

Eh. We need two pvp game modes. White knights and satans advocates. They should make a pvp game mode where utility tames switched to passive are invulnerable to damage after a certain amount of time, like tame ORP. After that time anything in the tames inventory drops. When you ride a passive tame, it becomes vulnerable. When you demount a passive tame, the timer begins until it becomes invulnerable. The guy who made that passive protected mod had the right idea. 

what ark need is good balance between offense and defense so casual players can survive 24h hours there

18 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

PVP needs balance between PVP and PVE? In that case its not PVP then is it.

once again, official name of pvp mode is pvpve, get it? player versus player versus environment

• 2 months later...

I have been playing this game for about 3years now and I love that small tribes if here. It saves times and effort of putting time into normal official if your solo or with a few friends just to get wiped by a 50 player tribe. Although I get that it's PvP and no one has the right to complain about greifing, i also think that just because it's PvP that everybody has to constantly fight or greif everyone. They disabled allying so if you want to team you have to be prepared to be stabbed in the back at any time. It's PvP so killing passives isn't something you can complain about because you made it passive, although I agree it is a sausage move to kill a passive thats just flying or in the middle of no where because it means some1 DCed or lost it.

• 1 month later...

Realistically none of these opinions are right or wrong. I disagree with the view that this is war. To me it's a game. If someone raids my base and I fall to a superior force (which I did this weekend), where's the long term fun if they destroy me? If I break someone's defenses, I've won. I'll take whatever loot I can get. But I don't wipe them or kill tames because I want them to rebuild so we can have fun again. Wiping and killing tames is a short term pleasure. Having lots of good raids and opponents is the long term fun for me. Totally eliminating opponents just leads to a single alpha tribe with no real competition...boring!

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, MackTheKnife said:

Personal rules? No. 80% of players enforce it on PvP. They don’t wanna lose all of their hard time just like everyone else. The 20% are the griefers that simply don’t care and are sociopaths that literally get joy from the misery of others. They do the worst specifically because they are allowed to.

If your government allowed you to kill children without any consequences, would you stand by your moral code and scoff at the atrocity? Or would you partake in it simply because it’s allowed and there aren’t any *legal* consequences? 

It is a strange comparison yet it’s EXACTLY the same principle. The vast majority of people are good but there are definitely bad eggs that you don’t want to release in society.

whaaa 80 percent of pvp players enforce it lolol.

No those are people who play pve in a pvp server. If we have beef all you stuff is dying, If I get in your base all your stuff is dying.

Don't kill passives is some unofficial stuff lolol

• 7 months later...

Pvp is player vrs  player. Maybe is land maybe it's over resources or a tame. But player vrs player isnt solely defined as two ppl trying to kill your self. Some one said pvper  as a description of them self. There griefers raiders and pvpers . Griefers have henhouse syndrome they just enjoy hurting others it's that simple. That's not pvp. Any more than the holocaust was a war. Griefers are Hitler Saddam Hussein they are the worse examples of human nature. They enjoy inflicting pain on others. That's pvp. That's taking advantage of pvp to sate  there bloodlust. Ur scum simple as that. Raiders are different breed they blow ur poop steal ur stuff but it's all good. They generally hit medium to large bases or ppl more established. Because there their for a reason u have some thing they need so they take it. Then there is pvpers they go meet in a place and test there skills between each other. Because if ur not beating the best ur not the best. If ur picking on naked Bob well takes no skill there. Grefiers jump servers they grief any one but a Bob on there own they generally get whipped every time they poke there head up. It's easier to go some place else and while everything to some one else. But none of them hit their friends or neighbors on there own server. By y'alls logic its pvp right no ones safe. But that's not the case. There have always been rules of war. And there have always been those that ignore them. But esitually what happens is. Grefiers greif calling it pvp. And when it's there turn there all alone.  It's a battle royal mentality  in a day one civilization. And ppl wonder why it's a fail

Archived