Snail tame question.

Cowgirl

I tamed 4 snails last weekend just fine, today I went in search of some more and they seemed glitched. I mentioned it to my friend and he said it was that they are still healing and you have to be in render to get them to heal. So I found a 140 and waited for like 10 minutes and it didn't heal even one point (I was watching it with a magnifying glass). I KOd it and it was completely out of food (I am assuming due to a snake having KOd it in the wild) I am wondering if the reason it was not healing was because it was out of food? I fed it some stim berries, zipped home and got cakes and tamed it up just fine (my original plan was to take it to near my base)

• Volunteer Moderator
56 minutes ago, cce2002 said:

You don't tame snails with berries but with Cake ;)

They have a passive tame. Cake will help you out allot and will do just fine.

Please keep in mind, in order to keep them alive, you'll need to continue give them cake, as they don't eat berries (unless things have changed lately, which are unknown to me).

Good luck

She never said she was taming snails with berries.

Snails are not a passive tame, you need to knock them out and feed them which is what she did.

@Cowgirl are you saying the wild one didn't heal? Because I don't know if wild dinos general heal that fast anyway. I know they don't out of render, but in render distance i'm sure how fast it is meant to be.

This same thing happened to me a couple days ago, when i picked up a snail to tame in a safe place i noticed it was damaged, so waited a few so it regenerated but it didnt, either way i went at it w darts and when i checked its inv (unconsious) to put narcos, it had 0 food, and died before i could even grab cakes from argy.

Not sure what causes this but curious to know

36 minutes ago, GP said:

She never said she was taming snails with berries.

Snails are not a passive tame, you need to knock them out and feed them which is what she did.

@Cowgirl are you saying the wild one didn't heal? Because I don't know if wild dinos general heal that fast anyway. I know they don't out of render, but in render distance i'm sure how fast it is meant to be.

Yea, I sat there next to it for probably 10 mins and it didn't even heal one point.

23 minutes ago, Zyx said:

This same thing happened to me a couple days ago, when i picked up a snail to tame in a safe place i noticed it was damaged, so waited a few so it regenerated but it didnt, either way i went at it w darts and when i checked its inv (unconsious) to put narcos, it had 0 food, and died before i could even grab cakes from argy.

Not sure what causes this but curious to know

I think it's from snakes biting them till they KO, and then leaving and they are left unconscious and their food goes down for as long as they are KO'd. (because it treats it like a tame only no one is taming, anyone can)

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

ark wiki said the wild snails have to be near water or they will take damage and eventually die but tamed ones don't

I've never noticed them take damage when i've tamed them, and some of those haven't been near water. But I dunno, just never heard of that before.

They get KO’d and their food drops, then they lose health and wake up.... pretty much exactly how it goes.. i try to look out for those  if taming in bulk because if your quick getting the cakes on them you can tame them super fast.. just be ready to force feed it a cake if its going to die but try leave it till it eats naturally so u get taming from it.

2 hours ago, Haz2014 said:

They get KO’d and their food drops, then they lose health and wake up.... pretty much exactly how it goes.. i try to look out for those  if taming in bulk because if your quick getting the cakes on them you can tame them super fast.. just be ready to force feed it a cake if its going to die but try leave it till it eats naturally so u get taming from it.

That's what I did, well I KO'd it again because it had woken up, I am asking if the reason it didn't heal is because it was out of food. (tames take damage when out of food, so it kind of makes sense)

Archived