PvE enemy tribe structure decay? - Official Servers

hew

Hi all, I am sure this is posted somewhere but the search bar did not pull up exactly what I am looking for. I am playing on an official dedicated server and noticed that there is a "destroyed in 5 days" on the neighboring base with huge gates.

• What do these timers start at?
  • Do they reset each time you log in? Or is there a total time for each one then it eventually gets to 0?
  • What happens when it gets to 0, does it disappear or can you now destroy it yourself?

Thanks, and again, sorry if this has been asked many times before.

The timers on structures reset when a player from the tribe they belong to is logged in and renders them (within x distance, basically if you can see it you've reset it) 

The length of each timer corresponds to it's building tier. I don't remember them all exactly off the top of my head, but wood is about a week, stone is 12 days, I think, and metal two weeks? Thatch and greenhouse only last 4 days.

Guest DJRone89
4 minutes ago, Tatsu89439 said:

Hi would like to ask this what if a player just log on to reset the timer but does not play on our server anymore? Any suggest would be nice.

Then that person is a douche. Why go through all the effort of resetting virtual pixels just in case, when you don’t even play there any more? People like that are part of the tame cap and land grab problem.

Metal is 16 days, Stone is 12, Dinos, wires and wood are 8, glass and thatch are 4.  It's good to know the numbers so you can make sure you don't lose any of your own stuff.  Storage chests are 12 as well, but if they are on wood or thatch etc they will get destroyed when the item they are on gets destroyed.  (Except for vaults, which are 16 and fall through to the ground below, resetting their timer.)

If the timer runs out on an enemy base you can destroy the items if you are near to them.  If nobody is nearby they will just disappear.  You can't destroy enemy dinos like this, but they will still disappear once nobody is near to them as well.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Tatsu89439 said:

Need to ask this if we watch the timers and the decay is doing our stuff but they just keep reset the timers is there something we could get help we or we just suck

Nope, as long as they log in and render in the structures they can keep that base for as long as they do it in the right time frame. lots of players have side bases for various adventures on different server's (I have a trade outpost on an island server though i keep it small and only introduce animal's I am trading or used to farm mats) while my main base and breeding base is on Rag. 

Some people keep them hoping that WC will fix the ongoing issues and it will bring them back but eventually they will get tired of doing that and it will go down eventually. 

Guest DJRone89
7 hours ago, Tatsu89439 said:

They no longer play and most of there dinos are death. The only reason they log on is to keep us from being able to build. 

So my earlier comment holds true?

Archived