Question about Auto-Decay

Melcreif

Since playing Aberration I've neglected my Ragnarok server for a few weeks to the point where all my dino's and even rafts have all auto-decayed.

In the past I've never had this issue, dino's that weren't fed would eventually die but not this new auto-decay thing.  Especially for rafts which would live forever until destroyed or claimed.

Also my Water Dinos and some of my rafts auto-decayed way before the rest of the dinos which seemed odd to begin with.

How long has this been a thing? I must have missed a patch somewhere I'm guessing. 

They gave them timers and they have to be rendered not just a log in to stop claiming and help with server cap. They have the same timer as wood structures. auto-decay has been around since before I left legacy but they still allowed claiming of dino's. That was recently patched so dino's just go poof. Been extremely helpful for official PvE server's. 

12 hours ago, Melcreif said:

Since playing Aberration I've neglected my Ragnarok server for a few weeks to the point where all my dino's and even rafts have all auto-decayed.

In the past I've never had this issue, dino's that weren't fed would eventually die but not this new auto-decay thing.  Especially for rafts which would live forever until destroyed or claimed.

Also my Water Dinos and some of my rafts auto-decayed way before the rest of the dinos which seemed odd to begin with.

How long has this been a thing? I must have missed a patch somewhere I'm guessing. 

I don't recall how far back it was, but yes like mentioned you have to be in render range.   hidden patch perhaps? I had this issue with dino claim timers being what they are for the longest time and then one day dinos auto-decayed within 3 days. I lost 100s of dinos and quit playing when this happened. My ally checked a day before and mentioned it to me they had 4 days left. I said okay I'll log in tomorrow and feed them etc. Poof gone.   I know they are trying their best to handle server issues with lag and other such things but come on, no recovery options for things happening like this where I am not even cheating or duping. I'm just a guy playing a game that is about as unforgiving as its survival environment.

Ark has the corner market on a successful survival game launch. A taming dino one for that matter. So you shouldn't question their methods and just accept the way things are in this game.   This is the kind of player base attitude, from 12 year olds, to give me reason to not invest as much as I did in the game. They might as well kill off PVE and go completely pvp since players there are so used to getting wiped 3 times a day anyway.

Archived