How will the devs explain the multiple aberration servers?

Royalstar

This may seem like a stupid question, but I’m curious how the devs will explain the many aberration servers. The ascension cutscene shows that there are hundreds, if not thousands of individual arks surrounding (Earth?), each one represents an individual server. From what we see in the cutscene there are more than one Island arks, and probably multiple Scorched Earth arks (idk about ragnarok and the center, as the devs have stated several times that both free dlc maps have nothing to do with the main story). So I’m wondering, if aberration is this freak accident (or maybe not, but either way it’s supposedly one of a kind), how will the many servers be explained? Maybe in the end it’ll be revealed that there’s more than one aberration? Idk, I’d like to hear your theories.

Hmmm, well based off the Aberration trailer it seems like there is specifically one ARK that is damaged. However, considering that there is someone or something that may be progressing technology wise the same way as your survivor, maybe the mysterious rings shown in the dev's twitter is the next step beyond tek tier? Think omniscient, godlike, multi dimensional being maybe? Maybe the rings were the final, successful attempt in travelling through multiverses? Thus the multiple aberration servers are just multiverses of the destroyed ARK.

Or wildcard needs multiple Aberration servers to fit the many thousands of players that will play on it because money...

Occam's razor.

Archived