ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since you guys added in a lot of mythical creatures (wyvern, deathworm, unicorn etc) can we please see a tameable/ rideable basilisk? That would be really cool since we can’t ride the titanoboas. Also maybe in a dlc could you guys possibly add animals that exist today? I’d really like to see killer whales or maybe even a giraffe in the game. And are we ever going to see a tameable Ant queen? And last thing I hope you guys add more prehistoric sharks into the game, I still kind of feel like the ocean is lacking in marine life!

Will a future ARK expansion ever change the way you play through ARK(lvl 1-30)?
While every playthrough is different for every player we all still do the same thing, every time. Gather, gather, craft, craft, kill, kill, level up, repeat and mix in the odd tame here and there.

You've already said many times NPCs will never be a thing in the game but going further and further into the franchise, I would really love to see a bigger focus on PvE. PvP will always find ways to utilize whatever items/structures you implement but there's never a full on focus for the PvE players(Ced mentioned this in an interview and how he would love for Wildcard to start focusing on it, for my exact same reasons. PvP will always happen in any game but PvE not so much).

And yes, modders could probably do a quest system but it would better to have it implemented properly(not saying modders can't do it properly) so people could easily take and add quests wherever they'd please. Like the floating island addon you made. Easy to add to any existing map :) 

36 minutes ago, Gereh said:

Hi, could we get an official explanation about why official servers have  lag / bad performance? As a player, can we do something about it?

Have you ever consider a premium ark suscription to allow better official servers?

as someone who knows a thing or two about servers, it has nothing to do with structures and dinos and everything to do with servers not being reigion locked. The servers basically are trying to accommodate the local players and players from brazil or russia or china or whatever. so instead of them playing in a lag filled nightmare land at 300 ping, the server works harder to meet in the middle. which is why quite a few of the newer servers sit at 200 ping even though they are NA. Reigion locks exist for a reason.

1 hour ago, Ree said:

The most important question is : Why does Honey have a spoil timer ? It makes no sense as Irl Honey will pretty much last forever, it should be just like SAP 

Though I agree, the tropical climate could be used as an excuse to balance the game. Plus honey does dry out over time.

4 minutes ago, arkfrance said:

Hi, It is possible to add a dino die cycle and a multiplier to scale it ? For exemple after 1 month the dino will die of old age (maybe also add "old texture" to the dinos) I think it would be a good think to re new dino and give a purpose to the players

Though I agree to a degree, we all get that one tame we love and who has been through the mill, and I don't think one month would sit well with anybody. Especially players who work a lot or have kids and can't be on to breed a new generation often.

Will the dino TLC pass give a better AI system to the dinos to since their AI is in all honesty really bad, make them act like real animals instead of brainless monster that gets stuck in rocks, mindlessly tries to kill you even when they have just eaten a hole parasaur and can spot you a mile away even if you hide in a bush or behind a tree?

1. Could you remove the "Can´t Place Crop Plot: Requires Sunlit Location" from scorched earth? Most of the players completely reject se, me included. But recently i thought the se servers might be a good place for a backup base, since, other than the island, it has some nice elevated and more or less flat spots and typically a low population. So i went to singleplayer and tested a few things only to find out that the sunlight apparently doesnt reach the top of the highest rocks in the area. Why is that mechanic a thing at all? I dont see how it is good for balance or gameplay. Scorched earth is very unpopular already, so maybe you can at least reconsider this very annoying mechanic.
  2. Is there any chance you will ever rebalance PvP? like limiting tribe and alliance size to a reasonable number. Keep in mind: the closer big and small are together, the more it is about skill instead of numbers.

Now that we know that s+ will be integrated into the base game, I have one question:

Will there be additional improvements to the building system on top of the s+? I've used s+ for quite some time but it's apparent that s+ inherits a whole heap of flaws that were present in the vanilla building system. Just integrating s+ is nice but the building system needs more than that.

Hello I would like to add a better translation system as it is complicated to translate a publication using another type of translator so that it is understood I would love an option in the you put your language you write in your language and if a person has a different language the page translated it to yours so you can read it without any problem for example: I speak Spanish you speak English I send you this and the page translate it to English send me your response and the page translates it to Spanish and I can read it sitener that translusirlo and that apeneas can be understood

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

:raptor:

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived