Leveling up dinos solo

George1988

I'm a one man tribe witch means that leveling up dino's is a real pain in the butt. The best solution woud be to have all the xp from crafting items when mounted transfered to the mount rather than the player. When combined with a grinder woud make leveling up rexes for boss fight a lot easier. Anyone heard of a change like this made in future updates?

2 hours ago, George1988 said:

I'm a one man tribe witch means that leveling up dino's is a real pain in the butt. The best solution woud be to have all the xp from crafting items when mounted transfered to the mount rather than the player. When combined with a grinder woud make leveling up rexes for boss fight a lot easier. Anyone heard of a change like this made in future updates?

Just kill everything, look for alphas

Alpha's are the best way to level up in general, start at carno island and then I just follow the big long river to the volcano to find alpha's, plus main base is at about 50:50 on the nice cliff line below base of volcano on the river, you can make a nice bridge from there to the redwood cliff line on the other side of the river, down the river a bit by the good fishing ponds on the edge of redwood alpha's also tend to spawn there as well. Course that's assuming your on the island map lol

15 hours ago, George1988 said:

Use the AFK timer to your advantage.  Unless the server is more than 90% full there is no AFK timer.  Set up a few air conditioners around a chair within render of all of your dinos.  Get your food and water full.  Sit on chair.  Go to bed.  8 hours or so of passive xp on 1x rates is like 10-12 levels for dinos.  You keeping them in render allows them to continue to gain passive XP.  If you do this for a day or two all of your dinos will have around 10k xp, which is 40 levels.

dont have any good gear on you in case the weather kills you.  Absent being too cold or too hot, your food/water don't drain when you sit in a chair.

All good sugestions. But for me, between building, raising babys and my real life there's not much room for leveling up rexes. Btw, that's my issue, i have good stat rexes but no time to level them up. If i take one for some alpha killing that at leas a hour. I have done the passive xp where i woud sit next to ac's while i was at work. In the end i guess this is a social game witch comes with perks for having a 2+ tribe

• 11 months later...

don't know if this thread is still going but if you can do it, these are great lvl givers your just need time and patience

Quetzals; cut down trees them, giving lvl depending on your server stats 2-4 lvls in 15ish minutes

anything under the Rex size comparison gain lvls in the same way, or.. Make spike falls to where you aggro a Dino (alphas do not count... beilve me...) As the Dino falls into the trap boxs with spikes it will die and you're small mount will fail lvls

shoulder pets...microraptors, and things like those I haven't tested yet..

if your leveling yourself, and have access to a lightening wyvern..and your server has multiple Titan spawns.. Kill the Titian with your wyvern.. Easy 18+ lvls tho..I mind you.. Don't carry stuff in your wyvern's claws...it will die..

if anyone is interest in these tips leave a like, god bless

Archived