water dino transfers?

skellri

Is it possible to transfer a water dino between servers (island to ragnarok, for example)? I'm assuming the best way to do it would be with deep sea loot crates, but, I'm wondering if there are other alternatives? Is it even possible at the obelisks (red one on the island, blue one on ragnarok? being that they're both surrounded by water?) I'd love to hear some input/others' experiences with it if they've successfully done it! Thanks all! 

I've not even tried, but you can transfer dino's via beacon drops. I'm not sure if water dino's get excluded though, nor can I recall off the top of my head if any beacon's drop in the water on the Island (I actually think none do). The Center has many that drop in the water though, so might be do-able there.

Never thought about using the underwater loot ones. Might be possible. It would be cool if the Red obby on the Island had a cave right under the platform to be used just for water dino transfers, but I actually don't think you can do it. you might though. Worth a check at least since maybe they don't need to be ON the platform, just near it?

The red ob definitely kinda had me wondering. I'm tempted to test it with a lower level water dino just to see if it'll work. The Center would definitely be easier as you mentioned, @Ulta, sadly my tribe only plays on the Island and Ragnarok and we're super new to Rag, so we haven't quite explored the map enough to consistently find drops in the water (if there are even any at all?)

My only concern with the obelisks is that anything you transfer over spawns in right on top of the terminal. \= sighs

Red ob on the island you can not as I sold a Plesi once, took it up there but the transfer does not reach into the water however any deep sea drop or even the sky beacons that land in the water can be used. Tek transmitters placed into the water is the third option. 

On the island there is a beacon drop in Draco Cove I used (though you can't get Squids out of the cove through that one), I also believe there is a beacon drop in the mouth of the river towards green ob plus a couple up on the west side of red ob. Ragnarok I haven't explored fully yet but there are deep sea crates in the 90/30 area that the most dangerous things are Jellies, Plesi's, and Sharks. 

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Explorer_Map_(Ragnarok) select beacon loot crates and deep sea drops here

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Explorer_Map_(The_Island) select only beacon loot crate here. 

both maps give coordinates as well. 

Oh gosh yeah I forgot. The Tek transmitter. But that will only work if you have one set up on Rag already ( I think...as long as they upload, I'd imagine you can use a beacon or loot crate download them on the new server).

According to wiki, only the beacon drops and underwater loot crates, and Tek transmitter set up underwater can do it.

Archived