This is how I ARK: Her Name Is FURIOSA 219. The intracacies of ARK and how to Cope..(Closure)

DmpTrkDrvr

Good day fellow Survivors, and potential survivors to be..  

Welcome to my: "HOW I ARK" 

Survivors journal Community project.

(fan boy ran)

We all become well aware of the Ark learning curve, some might even go as far as call it a Cliff more than a Curve..

Some times you're on the top looking down and the next you're getting attacked by a titanboa and are sliding down the Ark cliff unconscious about to be a meal.

This for me become a inconvenient occurence Damn those Boas..  All you hear is a little shuffle and a weird hissing sound then it happens YOU'RE bitten.

Damn I say as I realize my bed respawn still has 2 minutes to refresh oh well better grab a coffee and take a pee.. This is how it was on server 541 for the last several days RL.  THEN the Ark God's smiled upon this persistent(or stupid)  little survivor.

It was another day of farming the swamp, then being farmed by the swamp Rinse repeat.. I was becoming discouraged  and had a unhealthy hate for whoever had coded those damn snakes..

That's when I saw HER.. she just sat there squawking next to my house, she had landed right beside my beastly pack of level 20 egg making DODOS and she looked comfortable.

I approached with ONLY 4 thoughts in my mind KILL, Harvest, Cook, and Eat.

As I approached I brought out my Crossbow and lined up a head shot Then I saw it. A  Level   112 Female Pteradon, I was in Awe I hadn't seen a past 88lvl spawn in my area which is good because up until an hour previously I would have been ill equipped to achieve anything except murder, but now was not the case..  

You see in my never ending respawn fest over being titanboa chow I had gathered 12 dodo eggs, with the 13 I had already I could make kibble..

Now How to Knock that beast out..  I'm a veteran of several other servers, but pve541 is my Home now and in all my memories  I've never achieved a solo high level pteradon K.o. mostly had help or someone with a Long neck and some Darts, but this wasn't the case.  I had to try..  but with the new AI I wasn't to hopeful.

I aimed her up and let loose a bolt. Thwack it sounded as it hits target And the battle music starts immediately after but this is different, she's hovering in the air  with  quick shots more she's down. I set about making Kibble.  Its not every day a lvl 112 female pteradon wants you as a partner and falls literally at your feet.  

As they say as Ark Giveth it Taketh away.

what will it take away, for what it has just given it must be..... Big.

stay tuned

Part 2 to come..  

That is a great story! how lucky to have her just sit there and wait for you to knock her out. As far as "Ark Taketh Away" I am excited to see what part 2 will bring, although unfortunately I feel it wont be as happy a story as this one. Good Luck DmpTrkDrvr hope Ark keeps giving for you! ALL PRAISE THE ARK GODS!!

PART 2: BATTLE MUSIC, yes.. Music for a battle.. 

This is something that I love and Hate all at the same time..  though it is very important in action sometimes it's a little lacking in execution...  

There I was Slashing and hacking away in the forest, I had just K.O.d  the Gift that the Ark God's had sent me, for keeping the Swamp biomes' titan Boas fed with my own body.

When you tame you will realize quite quickly that you can't just sit there and watch the timers drop (torpor) and rise ( Taming)  there is only so long you can do it.  So like many others I have become and above average multitasker..

There I was  a 2 minute sprint from my base chopping trees getting thatch, wood and the occasional flint and the "MUSIC" started.  I thought not much of it as I wasn't taking Damage and I have nothing to protect. Darn I thought, ARK you now play Battle music when cutting down trees, I Took another swing looked around and saw nothing, then headed for the next tree THEN IT HAPPENED...

Up Flashed BOLD RED LETTERING across the top of the screen

" YOUR LEVEL 64 DODO "EGGO"  HAS BEEN killed by a DILOPHOSAURUS LEVEL 16"

WAAAAA I squealed IRL, my wife hopped off the couch from her lap top daze and queried as to why I had just squealed like a wounded child. I hastily told her some bad stuff was happening and she scoffed at me and returned to her CPU..  

I'M in Full Panic mode right now 100% not thinking right, I turn to run and I can't OMG over encumbered.   OF course.. Ark... Of course.. Hastily I enter inventory and Just straight out drop everything and I'm OFF...

That new GALLIMIMUS Has nothing on me.

I jumped a fellow survivor on my way back as well,  just as I crested the hill The second red post popped up on my screen..  OH no Now my lvl 20 dodo is dead too... I'm slightly tearing up Knowing what may be happening and I'm not sure I can handle it.. OUT COMES MY PIKE.. I can see that damn Dilo it sees me  and It senses my Anger. At that moment out of complete spite it turns and chomps my LAST female dodo ....done.. No.... All my DODOS are dead .

then as I aim up that Damn dilo I see my Gift from the gods as the next target, I deftly jump the Carbonemys in my way and throw myself into the line of fire.

Right trigger, right trigger I go in what seems like forever, getting spit on the whole time, blind as a bat in the daylight yet I can't yield I mustn't yield they wouldn't approve (Ark Gods) and I didn't 8 hits later I've won...  

Well I've Survived; Winning is a perspective thing and though it felt like a win, it was at a great cost. Slowly as the adrenaline dropped off I acknowledged how close I came to losing the Single bright spot this game had given me so far..  

Needless to say, I didn't move more than a few feet away for the rest of that Tame... 

But that's a story for another day

Stay tuned for Part 3: The Awakening, Also part 4: PAYBACK

The Awakening part 3of4 in the Way I Ark.. 

IT'S ALIVE!  I yelled from my kitchen, where I was grabbing a snack. It had been about an hour since my close call with the Dilo reaper..

I have since calmed down but while guarding my Gift I had quite the time..  First off the dilo that had killed all my DODOS and the panic that set upon me.  After deciding to stay near the lil lady till she was done taming, I had made a little head way in resource gathering. Only one issue that was more a threat to me than my Tame and was completely my fault. .

I took a titanboa for granted, I should know better. Bye now I have half a large storage box of survivor wrist charms. A quick respawn later and a short jog back for my pack resolved this issue quite handily. .  Now..  My Beautiful lil bird was tamed.

I walked around the Corner of my tv to see a naming window in my screen and was confused as to why I saw a DOSSIER..  

Wait what, I've had pteradon before why is this here that's when I thought about it...  

And I think everytime I had previously tamed a Pteradon I wasn't around when it woke up. It wasn't until later I realized the NEED of proximity..

How many animal had I tamed and neglected to collect the Dossier? Wow, well I'm glad everything seems to be on my side I thought, now let's look at those stats...  Weird right? Just looking at stats now, well I had looked before but not closely enough to recall. Since then she's gained 48 bonus levels they were barley relative.

Woo Hoo I chant as the stats open up to show number I had never seen on a pteradon and 2200 torpor.. . .

(Please know this is post Dino nerf, and pre nerf I never really had any high levels animals so the nerf was way less an angering moment for me than some players.. P.C. especially.)

Well this dino was different She was 112 to start with and I used 20 dodo kibble which achieved me and extra 48 levels and Knocked a full hour off the time it would have taken even using prime meat.

Wow I thought going forward I decided to only  do a animal tames over lvl 60 with kibble. What a difference.

I truly suggest getting some dodo eggs going as soon as you can it's probably the first step in many. I would just not do it any other way..

Now with 112 lvl and 48 bonus we now have  one Mean Female pteradon  level 160..  OH My Goodness,  

how good do I feel right now? Then it Happens... My wife Who I like to call my NON Contributing Tribe member Lol  decides to give her 2 cents. She looks me straight in the EYE and says " Doesn't that need a saddle to ride?

Pfff I reply Of course you do haha OH wait . I'm not me From the other servers , 125 or 356 I'm Poe Tater and in Server 541 I Just hit level 32 and currently ;-) the pteradon saddle is level 35!!!

OH, ARK WHY MUST you toy with my emotions Like this.

I start cursing which did make me feel better, but truly achieved nothing in game.

So back to work I go.  I hit up a 3rd party taming app made by a forum member.  Checked what the materials were and set about ensuring that the second I could build it, I would build it.

That saddle would be mine..

I started gathering and time flew, My new pteradon by my side. We made short work of the entire east Forest Lol and made several trips up the beach to gather Hide.

Coming back from my last hack and slash trip I came across a quite freshly respawned fellow player I Didn't act aggressively  towards him and he wandered over to me, I whistled all stop and greeted him with the Wave..  

He returned the gesture and told me his story.. In synopsis his was the average Ark survival tale, It was going good for him so he just went for that 1 more...   And now he's naked on my BEACH!

From  top to bottom in 1 fail swoop. I made him some Hide armour threw him a pick, torch, hatchet and 20 sparkpowder and then he saw  HER..  

Furiosa had Landed about 20 paces behind me and I had not acknowledged her in his presence, Yet. The First thing he said was " Level 160 pteradon where's your damn saddle. I said I didn't have the level yet and to that he replied I do...  we walked back to my house and he called on chat for a pickup shortly after that his mates arrived and he was carried back home with a new set of armour and a full belly.

Grateful for the encounter that player had with me he returned shortly after with a Saddle for me. 

Something I was still 2 level away from, I was overjoyed!

always act nice toward people in Ark when i meet them for the first time. Sometimes I die, sure but I wouldn't like to be the one who shoots first, just the one who Shoots back. That's just How I Ark!

Titanboa however that is another story, I currently have a kill on sight order out for a certain level 104 Boa with a taste for Poe Tater.. with this saddle and a Little help from my Friend I shall seek

REVENGE!

REVENGE MUST WAIT.  

ARK has thrown me a Curve ball.

I log in to see this Image... What I say as I fumble Into the game can not be repeated in this forum ;-)... 

BUT!

Yup I'm dead From a bronto in a Pve server... offline no less..  I have checked the tribe logs   and all my dinos are listed as dead, ALL except Furiosa.    SHE'S not listed in the logs... Which means she isn't dead!!  She's out there, alone.

WHERE is she I wonder, well only 1 way to find out (I have a suspicion she stuck to the world ceiling.).

I must train another pteradon and launch a search and rescue mission..  

Ark I See what you did there and though I may not like it, you won't win that easy..  I'M A SURVIVOR and will Survive... till we talk again fellow arkers

This is where our story halts for now.  

Maybe one day revenge will be mine, and you shall hear my tale or maybe it won't be..

But I'll keep trying. 

Because that's the way I Ark 

Bronto dead.jpg

Touched, was there any specific thing that you did to find them .  Is there somewhere you've found them more than any other place... I'm sure I need to tame another flier to search properly..  

As of this writing the tribe log still does not say she died..  I'm hopeful.

Now time to get airborne again.  

12 hours ago, DmpTrkDrvr said:

Touched, was there any specific thing that you did to find them .  Is there somewhere you've found them more than any other place... I'm sure I need to tame another flier to search properly..  

As of this writing the tribe log still does not say she died..  I'm hopeful.

Now time to get airborne again.  

I'm sorry to hear revenge must wait. I had a great time reading your story. I think for most of us arkers this story hits close to our hearts... weve all been there. ive lost Quetzals this way. but I have also found many of my lost birds (with the exception of a few... and one argy my tribe is currently looking for) the best way I have to find them is to go to their last known location (lkl)... if they were flying they will normally be hovering right in mid air, if they were not flying start at the lkl and start a perimeter search. keep circling the lkl in gradually wider circles. what has most likely happened is she was attacked and fought back... this would cause her to move pretty much anywhere (usually somewhere close by) after the battle has finished. There is hope for the future, I have seen many times that some new AI is coming for the dinos... including being able to tag a home location so after a certain amount of time or if told the dinos will wonder on back home... I hope this comes out soon because there are so many stories like this one, and I myself have had it happen more times than I would care to admit (many hours spent on S&R missions). Good luck in your search and may the ARK Gods shine some light on you.

The best part of OF he game is when you're still lvl >50 and getting your first high level mount. I was lucky enough to find a 120 argi right next to my base :P. Unfortunately was with the kibble at the time so I did my damndest to collect enough prime. Tamed out at 165-ish, can't remember, and was overjoyed.

I log off to go somewhere else irl, come back lo and behold she's dead. One of my tribemates forgot to finish the dino pen and a Rex came and chomped her. Lesson of the story? Don't have flaky tribemates.

5 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

The best part of OF he game is when you're still lvl >50 and getting your first high level mount. I was lucky enough to find a 120 argi right next to my base :P. Unfortunately was with the kibble at the time so I did my damndest to collect enough prime. Tamed out at 165-ish, can't remember, and was overjoyed.

I log off to go somewhere else irl, come back lo and behold she's dead. One of my tribemates forgot to finish the dino pen and a Rex came and chomped her. Lesson of the story? Don't have flaky tribemates.

Condolences on the loss of your Argie.   In some way I just wish for closure.    NOT gonna want to see her found and claimed, hope that can't happen.

I play solo, in A Pve server.  I previously played in a large tribe and dislike conflict of opinions , then showing up and they had changed the entire base.. IT was 1 day after I built a in grill and 2 fridges.   THANKS all for the Thoughts .  

I've acquired a new Low level pteradon Sandr  OR S and R Lol I've made several trip to the ceiling and still no luck..  The search continues but now with a Gun Lol 

Well its been almost a week..  Furiosa still lives, she's flown the coupe and will continue to roam ARK PVE 541.. Absolutely  no tribe report mentions her and I assume she is on Neutral this was my mistake and I won't make it again.  I hope she's taking it too nature and staying fed. I'm not sure how long it takes for a tamed animal with 4k food to starve but I hope she gets enough food to keep growing and acquiring level.. I'm an optimist maybe one day I find her and she's levelled to her max, But until that day I keep that food trough full for her, in hopes one day my hungry bird returns..  

49 minutes ago, DmpTrkDrvr said:

Well its been almost a week..  Furiosa still lives, she's flown the coupe and will continue to roam ARK PVE 541.. Absolutely  no tribe report mentions her and I assume she is on Neutral this was my mistake and I won't make it again.  I hope she's taking it too nature and staying fed. I'm not sure how long it takes for a tamed animal with 4k food to starve but I hope she gets enough food to keep growing and acquiring level.. I'm an optimist maybe one day I find her and she's levelled to her max, But until that day I keep that food trough full for her, in hopes one day my hungry bird returns..  

Lost a trike about two months ago, never got a death log. She lives...somewhere. I imagine by the time someone finds her she will be a Goddess amongst the Triceratops' with all of the levels she will have gained being idle.

3 minutes ago, TwoInchPunish3r said:

Lost a trike about two months ago, never got a death log. She lives...somewhere. I imagine by the time someone finds her she will be a Goddess amongst the Triceratops' with all of the levels she will have gained being idle.

That is so funny I was hunting Titian Boas in the swamp area and stumbled upon the first 2 Dilo's that I ever tamed sitting on a rock from when i died in the past and never found them again. They were only level 2 and I have no idea how they survived a month but I managed to walk them home and still have them haha. Of course that was in single player I'm not sure what happens Online. Be nice if someone found her they could report it in chat. 

59 minutes ago, DmpTrkDrvr said:

Awwww.  This makes me sad. It's crazy how attached we can get to pixels on a screen.  When I lost my first saber, because I did something stupid, I was devastated. I really hope she shows back up.  It's amazing how they can survive on their own.  

On 2/5/2016 at 3:57 PM, DmpTrkDrvr said:

PART 2: BATTLE MUSIC, yes.. Music for a battle.. 

This is something that I love and Hate all at the same time..  though it is very important in action sometimes it's a little lacking in execution...  

There I was Slashing and hacking away in the forest, I had just K.O.d  the Gift that the Ark God's had sent me, for keeping the Swamp biomes' titan Boas fed with my own body.

When you tame you will realize quite quickly that you can't just sit there and watch the timers drop (torpor) and rise ( Taming)  there is only so long you can do it.  So like many others I have become and above average multitasker..

There I was  a 2 minute sprint from my base chopping trees getting thatch, wood and the occasional flint and the "MUSIC" started.  I thought not much of it as I wasn't taking Damage and I have nothing to protect. Darn I thought, ARK you now play Battle music when cutting down trees, I Took another swing looked around and saw nothing, then headed for the next tree THEN IT HAPPENED...

Up Flashed BOLD RED LETTERING across the top of the screen

" YOUR LEVEL 64 DODO "EGGO"  HAS BEEN killed by a DILOPHOSAURUS LEVEL 16"

WAAAAA I squealed IRL, my wife hopped off the couch from her lap top daze and queried as to why I had just squealed like a wounded child. I hastily told her some bad stuff was happening and she scoffed at me and returned to her CPU..  

I'M in Full Panic mode right now 100% not thinking right, I turn to run and I can't OMG over encumbered.   OF course.. Ark... Of course.. Hastily I enter inventory and Just straight out drop everything and I'm OFF...

That new GALLIMIMUS Has nothing on me.

I jumped a fellow survivor on my way back as well,  just as I crested the hill The second red post popped up on my screen..  OH no Now my lvl 20 dodo is dead too... I'm slightly tearing up Knowing what may be happening and I'm not sure I can handle it.. OUT COMES MY PIKE.. I can see that damn Dilo it sees me  and It senses my Anger. At that moment out of complete spite it turns and chomps my LAST female dodo ....done.. No.... All my DODOS are dead .

then as I aim up that Damn dilo I see my Gift from the gods as the next target, I deftly jump the Carbonemys in my way and throw myself into the line of fire.

Right trigger, right trigger I go in what seems like forever, getting spit on the whole time, blind as a bat in the daylight yet I can't yield I mustn't yield they wouldn't approve (Ark Gods) and I didn't 8 hits later I've won...  

Well I've Survived; Winning is a perspective thing and though it felt like a win, it was at a great cost. Slowly as the adrenaline dropped off I acknowledged how close I came to losing the Single bright spot this game had given me so far..  

Needless to say, I didn't move more than a few feet away for the rest of that Tame... 

But that's a story for another day

Stay tuned for Part 3: The Awakening, Also part 4: PAYBACK

Your stories are amazing I just wanted to give you an idea of how i overcame the taming worries and fears. I made a raft and then laid 3 rows of wood support on each side to extend it maybe 30ish feet and then walled off the sides and made a ramp on the front. I then find my intended tame by cruising the shorelines. If its a carnivore i just need to wave and plant eaters i shoot with the slingshot. I then run back to my boat and they follow me onboard and then i strike club or bow and then once they are in a cozy sleep. I then park my boat maybe 10feet off shore and begin the taming process and go get a sandwich lol. I just thought from your story this mite be something you want to try. You can even get off the boat and get your harvesting done and not have to worry about something gobbling up your gift. Of course this isn't full proof. While megs don't attack the boat a Sarco does so camping off a coast with crocs will get your entire raft sunk. I of course haven't tried this on anything bigger than a Carno but if you can get even a trex on the boat without getting killed i don't see why it wouldn't work. Good luck and hopefully more gifts come your way hehe.

15 minutes ago, Shebeatsyoui said:

Your stories are amazing I just wanted to give you an idea of how i overcame the taming worries and fears. I made a raft and then laid 3 rows of wood support on each side to extend it maybe 30ish feet and then walled off the sides and made a ramp on the front. I then find my intended tame by cruising the shorelines. If its a carnivore i just need to wave and plant eaters i shoot with the slingshot. I then run back to my boat and they follow me onboard and then i strike club or bow and then once they are in a cozy sleep. I then park my boat maybe 10feet off shore and begin the taming process and go get a sandwich lol. I just thought from your story this mite be something you want to try. You can even get off the boat and get your harvesting done and not have to worry about something gobbling up your gift. Of course this isn't full proof. While megs don't attack the boat a Sarco does so camping off a coast with crocs will get your entire raft sunk. I of course haven't tried this on anything bigger than a Carno but if you can get even a trex on the boat without getting killed i don't see why it wouldn't work. Good luck and hopefully more gifts come your way hehe.

interesting way to tame.. might try it

6 minutes ago, Zombieski said:

interesting way to tame.. might try it

Its still a risk but a less stressful one iv found. Be careful of rocks in the water as your boat will pass thru them but your unconscious dino will get pushed off the boat and drown. I lost a carno that way. Best bet is to leave the boat by a bunch of plant eaters and move it to your base after the tame is complete. good luck

THE FINAL CHAPTER: PERSISTENCE

I've faced it Furiosa is gone. I so wanted to end this story positively and yet the reality of ARK Is you get what you put into it and i was so staying positive  i had soo many people have helped me look for her (furiosa) whole tribes spent time flying bye my house every now wand the stopping in for meat or water but to no luck.  While looking for Furiosa I have become great friends with most of the tribes in my server.. So much that I've actually Opened Taters Bullet Factory, a all service outfitting store located on the Volcano.  Soon selling Beer... 

But tonight I was rewarded for my perseverance I Am currently taming a 116 female Pteradon... She fell unconscious in the exact same location Furiosa was downed..  Furiosa was only a 112 and this beauty is a 116 being tamed with kibble, thanks to my new friends I had all the kibble I needed...

IN the end it really comes down to one thing in ARK

PERSEVERANCE  

It's what makes you a SURVIVOR and Not just a PLAYER.

NOW GO SURVIVE AND MAKE YOUR OWN ARK STORY... 

Lastly for those of you who have followed from the beginning, or those that just read this for the first time..  I will be taking naming suggestions for the new lady as I think Furiosa will be retired as a name for me...  

Thanks you all and thanks for reading and taking this journey with me.

Tater poutine (xbone)

116.jpg165.jpg

65kb.jpg

Wow!  I really like the way you look at things. You found a positive approach to a rather sad situation.  It was a lovely story, even though a bit bittersweet.  Sorry for your misfortune and Graz on your new tame.  

Maybe you should just name her "Tater's Fury", in honor of your lost flyer and your extensive perseverance and positive outlook. 

Good luck. :)

Archived