Ok guys so i have been playing this game since day one and this irritation has been around from day one and it needs to be changed asap. The average gamer is roughly 30 years old not 10 not 18 not 21 it's 30 studies have been done to find out and thats what they came up with. Even the average 18 year old has a job. the average 30 year old has a full time job meaning that don't have alot of time to game unless unemployed or they are a game tester as a job.

That stuff being said it is unreasonable for breeding to take such an inordinate amount of time. You have to wake up every two hours of the night to feed and cuddle your freaking video game dino it isn't a real child it shouldn't require that kind of dedication to raise animals let alone days on end. A Giga take like two full weeks of that before it is fulling grown. If raising it affects your work you will get fired from work over your video game! These times need to be turned way the heck down. Imprinting alone needs to be turned into a quick minigame like a quick time event and the young dino should be able to be fed from a trough so long as one is available not hand fed every two hours. People are litteraly making money on ark by selling full grown wyverns and gigas! i am not talking like 10-20$ a tame i am talking 100$ or more because people don't have the time to raise them so they buy them from people with real money who do nothing but treat this game like it is their life and only reason of existence and that is just the breeding system!

Taming not including K.O time it takes before actually starting to tame can take hours of time! a giga being fed its kibble takes 2hours to be tamed at level 150 not only that but you have to sit there with that thing and feed it narcotics for the entire time . If you don't have the kibble or mutton you can have upwards of 10full hours to tame the dang thing. That is nearly half a day! people don't have time to sit there like this is life and this is all there is. Again people are making money by selling tamed Giga's and such and again it is expensive to buy them! because people can't just tame these things in a reasonable amount of time. These need to be dropped down to where at most with raw meet or something it would take 2 hours for the strongest dinos and much much shorter for kibble. and these changes need to apply to all dinos.

I donno about you guys but this has been going on since day one and i am absolutely sick and tired of it. These game mechanics are torture to be put through and need to be changed asap!

3 minutes ago, Saupe said:

there are 5-10 of these threads a month, for well over a year, probably atleast 6 months before you started playing on ps4. good luck.

At least this is a new old thing to gripe about instead of all the other griping going on. xD

1 minute ago, TheGrim said:

Yes i am aware of the other threads and yes i know that they have been around for a long time. But none of the ones i have seen have provided actual facts about why they need to be changed.

Actually there's been whole long winded discussions with people providing facts for and against often broken out by specific topic/mechanic you mention. In truth though, Ark is balanced (or attempted to be balanced) around mid to large sized tribe play. Those long term tames, keep babies fed, etc. are all meant for groups or for very dedicated solos or small teams. Imprinting is the one place I basically agree with you because it's individual imprint, not tribe imprint (someone correct me if they've changed this). It has always seemed strange to me that you basically either have to destroy your sleep schedule or share your account (very dangerous and probably technically against terms anyway) to be the best based on a mathematical game mechanic. Everything else is doable with a reasonably sized group or excellent planning and a long weekend play session.

And to your point about buying wyverns for money, while I don't like the fact that it's actual real world cash, I think that's part of the reason for making these things so hard... it creates an economy or at least is an attempt to. Not everyone can raise a perfectly imprinted wyvern, but anyone can spend their game time for a week/month/etc. grinding ingots or CP to pay for one. That's unless of course you play PvP, get wiped, and lose it all along the way, but that's a whole other topic.

It has been mentioned many times yes, and they never listen, true. Doesn't make it acceptable.

I agree that it's balanced for tribe play, but it is still beyond reasonable. 

It shouldn't take days or weeks to accomplish these things.

Yes a perfect imprint or tame should take time and be challenging, but not at the expense of people's health, jobs, relationships, or sleep.

There's no reason a perfect tame Giga or raising a Wyvern needs to require any more time then a Saturday night. IT'S A GAME!!!

This is the exact reason that unofficials often have boosted rates. You know, so that people like me with lives and families can still play the friggin game.

There is just no way to argue that the current official rates do anything other then promote addiction. It's unhealthy and absurd for anyone at any age regardless of their commitments.

I'll say it again IT'S A GAME! They're supposed to be a form of leasure and entertainment, not a full time job or life crippling addiction. End of story.

Archived