does anyone even remember the pelagornis

SnowyGrass18

the bird is so absolutely so positively the most useless mount in this game has low health, low weight, low stamina, and the flyer nerf didnt help its case either. its niche for landing on water and being able to fish on top of it isnt useful either and guess what the saddle is lvl 43 which it should not be for something this useless. and its kibble is also useless since it tames archeopteryx which you pretty much will tame any level with chitin if you bother to tame them at all. someone please tell this bird doesnt scream useless please prove me wrong.

8 minutes ago, SnowyGrass18 said:

the bird is so absolutely so positively the most useless mount in this game has low health, low weight, low stamina, and the flyer nerf didnt help its case either. its niche for landing on water and being able to fish on top of it isnt useful either and guess what the saddle is lvl 43 which it should not be for something this useless. and its kibble is also useless since it tames archeopteryx which you pretty much will tame any level with chitin if you bother to tame them at all. someone please tell this bird doesnt scream useless please prove me wrong.

It gathers organic polymer at a decent rate iirc.

1 minute ago, Mistastep said:

Well then.. if you got asc of all 3 tools then I am sure its good... but what if you don't have that then I guess the Pelagornis has the next best alternative

you dont need asc versions of any of them lol sure having asc versions make them more useful for other things but you dont need them for gathering organic polymer xD

1 minute ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Totally useless tame. Not the most useless though, That would be the liopleurodon.

And yeah Moschops for poly, they get an absurd amount when levelled up for it.

meh even if the lio is a temp tame its effect is still very useful for cave and deep sea drops so they arent the most useless

Man... I love the Pelegornis!  One of the first dinos that I tamed and my first flier. I take her everywhere when boating.  She's a great little mount for scouting and exploring that way.  So tiny and compact!   Perfect for getting to that high supply drop while out and about.  I miss how speedy she was on the water pre-nerf, but that doesn't hinder my pele love!  And her noises are pretty cute too!  Patience is her name.  One of my favorite mounts. 

3 minutes ago, SnowyGrass18 said:

meh even if the lio is a temp tame its effect is still very useful for cave and deep sea drops so they arent the most useless

Testing has proven they are just as likely to make the drops worse as they are to improve them. Plenty of YouTube vids showing it. So yeah, totally useless. 

Also, how you gonna take them cave drop hunting?

Just now, HalfSlabBacon said:

Testing has proven they are just as likely to make the drops worse as they are to improve them. Plenty of YouTube vids showing it. So yeah, totally useless. 

Also, how you gonna take them cave drop hunting?

the effect stays on you for awhile and dont you remember the underwater caves? and if they can ruin drops then something is seriously wrong with them them xD

3 minutes ago, SnowyGrass18 said:

the effect stays on you for awhile and dont you remember the underwater caves? and if they can ruin drops then something is seriously wrong with them them xD

Nope it's the intended behavior. It'll turn a MasterCraft shield into an acendant slingshot for example... Which would you rather have?

Also good luck keeping them alive in those caves.

4 minutes ago, Shadow9cat said:

Man... I love the Pelegornis!  One of the first dinos that I tamed and my first flier. I take her everywhere when boating.  She's a great little mount for scouting and exploring that way.  So tiny and compact!   Perfect for getting to that high supply drop while out and about.  I miss how speedy she was on the water pre-nerf, but that doesn't hinder my pele love!  And her noises are pretty cute too!  Patience is her name.  One of my favorite mounts. 

yeah i miss how fast they were on the water i really liked them when they came out but after the flyer nerf not being able  to pump speed just hurt

Just now, HalfSlabBacon said:

Nope it's the intended behavior. It'll turn a MasterCraft shield into an acendant slingshot for example... Which would you rather have?

ah thats what you meant well you never know what you will get from a drop unless you open it 1st. the lio is supposed to make drops better by giving items with higher rarity

so technically it will make the drop better but you might not get the item you want

Archived