Will any of the new servers FINALLY BE REGION BASED??????

JetJaguar

3 minutes ago, lilpanda said:

Region based in what regard? Our servers are based in a few different data centers across the US, one data center in Germany, and locations for SA, OC, and Asia.

I probably should have phrased it better: What Im asking is will for example, China based based players be limited to playing on servers based in Asia,  Brazilian players limited to playing on servers in SA, Australian players limited to OC, and so on.

2 minutes ago, lilpanda said:

Region based in what regard? Our servers are based in a few different data centers across the US, one data center in Germany, and locations for SA, OC, and Asia.

I Wouldn't even consider SA since there's only a couple of servers considering South America is such a populated Continent, ARK has a great number of brazilian survivors and we get pretty much no servers to play lag free.

• Wildcard Community
8 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

I probably should have phrased it better: What Im asking is will for example, China based based players be limited to playing on servers based in Asia,  Brazilian players limited to playing on servers in SA, Australian players limited to OC, and so on.

Ah so you are referring to region locking then. That's not something that will happen. We've stated this in the past. It's really better for the game overall to not have region locking and allow players to play with other players from different countries and regions. I personally enjoy knowing that I can go onto a server in NA and interact with people from other countries. I have met a lot of people from outside the NA region that are from places throughout Europe and some Australians and Kiwis. I know a lot of people from the US that play on EU servers and prefer them over NA due to difference in culture. This may be a personal preference thing but in the end, region locking is not something we plan to do.

6 minutes ago, Soulgure said:

I Wouldn't even consider SA since there's only a couple of servers considering South America is such a populated Continent, ARK has a great number of brazilian survivors and we get pretty much no servers to play lag free.

I would still consider SA servers.. We currently only have 4 however the population is pretty stead but well under server cap at a given time. We will likely be introducing a few new SA servers as well off the legacy cluster. Generally its best to keep fewer servers and have a more confined population than spread out across multiple otherwise we end up in a situation like some of our other official servers where the population is so diluted that there is only one or two people on at a given time.

1 minute ago, lilpanda said:

Ah so you are referring to region locking then. That's not something that will happen. We've stated this in the past. It's really better for the game overall to not have region locking and allow players to play with other players from different countries and regions. I personally enjoy knowing that I can go onto a server in NA and interact with people from other countries. I have met a lot of people from outside the NA region that are from places throughout Europe and some Australians and Kiwis. I know a lot of people from the US that play on EU servers and prefer them over NA due to difference in culture. This may be a personal preference thing but in the end, region locking is not something we plan to do.

I would still consider SA servers.. We currently only have 4 however the population is pretty stead but well under server cap at a given time. We will likely be introducing a few new SA servers as well off the legacy cluster. Generally its best to keep fewer servers and have a more confined population than spread out across multiple otherwise we end up in a situation like some of our other official servers where the population is so diluted that there is only one or two people on at a given time.

Thank you for clarification Panda :)

2 minutes ago, lilpanda said:

Sure thing, but only 4 SA servers in comparison to the hundreds of EU and NA is nothing, hence why i said SA servers can't even be considered... I'm only asking for new SA servers because the 4 that we have are always dominated by some Mega Tribe, sometimes not even SA locals.

Archived