New servers - A cry for an ORP cluster

Gugolas

10 hours ago, MajorFailure said:

A new cluster would be much appreciated, even if its just 1 of each map. The ORP servers have always been populated and i firmly believe that with decent support ORP is by far the best and most accessible PvP gamemode ark has to offer.

We need more than 1 map of each. I feel like Devs would get much better reviews if they had an ORP clusters they advertised extensively. Why? Half the reviews say that they can't deal with the extensive wiping. It might help more casual players play, but still on a stable platform (unofficial are not stable) 

as for the problems, here is a list of them and possible solutions 

infected dodos being placed all around:

make hunger drain quicker when dodo is infected or have a claim timer for Dinos so someone can claim these infected dodos and cure/cull them. 

Sickness seems to be able to spread even if victim is ORP.

Solution: ORP things can't get sick.

point of interest building(caves obelisks mountains)

The only solution is to disallow building. Caves need to have a teleport back to entrance thing at the end to get tames out if this is the case

Raft spam:

Either make them have a claim timer or a decay timer. 

Hiding Dinos in ORP buildings. 

Not sure if a solution, but turrets and Psx being active during ORP is a start. DON'T disable pin codes, you will break more  than you solve. Maybe disallow non-tribe mates from entering pins.

Vaults cannot be protected when online. They cannot be locked nor pin coded, and even non tribe mates can access without trouble. 

Solution: 

Make vaults able to be pin coded or lock them to non-tribemates. This should go for all containers

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, ORP - just like any other game mode, unfortunately - has some weaknesses, issues and exploitabilities. In my opinion those could be patched pretty easily, way more easily than in PvE for example, or at least the latter could be administrated with a proper support.

I'd gladly suggest some fixes to some issues, but that requires the devs to actually have will and time to work on it, something they haven't had evidently during the last year.

But again, all of this is not the subject of this thread.

The reason this thread is up is not listing ORP's good and bad points or hating on enemies/loving on friends.

I created this thread to look for answers about a pressing issue, because many want this gamemode to survive and I hope the devs will give us some today or tomorrow.

I don't think WC will make new ORP cluster, they made ORP as a test and the response was very negative as they received a lot of support tickets due to ORP gates, blocked caves, ORP golems on obi, ORP ebola dodos, and how you can live in an ORP invincible base @HighDBoom;)

If WC were to make a new ORP cluster it would have the exact same exploits and they would get countless complaints. But if u are a small tribe or solo its a good mode because you can go to sleep at night knowing your base will be safe, that's unless there are C4 dodos on your base.

1 hour ago, Chris2235235 said:

I don't think WC will make new ORP cluster, they made ORP as a test and the response was very negative as they received a lot of support tickets due to ORP gates, blocked caves, ORP golems on obi, ORP ebola dodos, and how you can live in an ORP invincible base @HighDBoom;)

If WC were to make a new ORP cluster it would have the exact same exploits and they would get countless complaints. But if u are a small tribe or solo its a good mode because you can go to sleep at night knowing your base will be safe, that's unless there are C4 dodos on your base.

Hi Chris

1 hour ago, Chris2235235 said:

This is not what the thread is about. The thread is about wanting more ORP servers, not "Debate the problems of ORP and why devs will not do it"

3 hours ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

There certainly needs to be more ORP PvP servers, every time I login to steam forums of this game, I see a noob complaining he was wiped once again while he was offline. 

And tbh PvE doesn't need ORP. The amount of trolling that goes on the community need to be able to do something to prevent it.

Lame,  got my hopes up there for a minute?. Orp is definitly needed for all platforms especially on pvp. If orp was enabled they would have alot more player retention and it would be alot more "adult" friendly. Being a dad of 2 with a full time job plus my own business on the side, it makes it a struggle to keep your progress in this game when every other night you get wiped bk to nothing...

12 minutes ago, Supaciv said:

Lame,  got my hopes up there for a minute?. Orp is definitly needed for all platforms especially on pvp. If orp was enabled they would have alot more player retention and it would be alot more "adult" friendly. Being a dad of 2 with a full time job plus my own business on the side, it makes it a struggle to keep your progress in this game when every other night you get wiped bk to nothing...

If you had it on PC, we could welcome you to the remaining servers. They killed 6/8

11 minutes ago, Gugolas said:

I did crosspost in the end, here's the link in case you want to follow it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/6wm2m4/a_cry_for_an_orp_cluster/

Nice!

I feel like the allocation of servers needs to be like this at least: 

2 Island

1 Scorched

2 Rangarok

1 Center

This is a total of 6 servers, the number that was taken away from the legacy. Of course the devs could add extra servers if player count is excessively high, but I feel like this is fair currently. 

Of course, the devs shouldn't forget about servers for the DLCs that are coming out.

Archived