server kill question

turtle59

I am fairly new to game and don't know much about all the different server names. My question is I play on PVE-OfficialServer33. I see that on there list there is a OfficialServer33 on it is there 2-3 different 33 servers like pvp eu and so on are is it the server I am on that is shutting down? I asked on the server and half say yes it is that server other half says no it isn't just nee to know so I can try to save the dinos items are whatever I can before it happens.

1 minute ago, turtle59 said:

so should I up load all I have are just start fresh?

You can't transfer stuff from these legacy servers to the new ones.

Besides, you should get used to starting fresh anyways. If you really like this game, then like most of us, you'll end up doing fresh starts several times over the next few years.

17 minutes ago, turtle59 said:

so have to start from lvl 1 again? sorry for the dumb questions but be first time I had to try and do anything like this

On the 29th, Ark gets released out of Early Access. With it will come a whole bunch of brand new servers over several maps and several game modes. The ONLY way you can play on these is if you make a new character on them and start fresh. You are currently on a Legacy Server. Whether that server gets killed off or not, you are better off just starting fresh on one of the new servers because you can't transfer between Legacy and new. Legacy is going to become, or has already become, a cesspool of cheaters and trolls. You'll have much more fun on the new servers.

13 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

You can't transfer stuff from these legacy servers to the new ones.

Besides, you should get used to starting fresh anyways. If you really like this game, then like most of us, you'll end up doing fresh starts several times over the next few years.

So long as you don't want to see Ascension I guess. I agree the beginning is fun, but the end might be as well

13 hours ago, Ulta said:

On the 29th, Ark gets released out of Early Access. With it will come a whole bunch of brand new servers over several maps and several game modes. The ONLY way you can play on these is if you make a new character on them and start fresh. You are currently on a Legacy Server. Whether that server gets killed off or not, you are better off just starting fresh on one of the new servers because you can't transfer between Legacy and new. Legacy is going to become, or has already become, a cesspool of cheaters and trolls. You'll have much more fun on the new servers.

until it's full of cheaters and trolls. The problem with the game is the people, not the servers.  Its like if you are bullied at school, moving to a new school probably won't help, standing up to the bullies will!

Archived