ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

I was thinking about a idea for awhile which was a Passive Skill Grid or something like that. You guys remember it from Final Fantasy X or the skill grid from Path of Exile? When we ascend or kill a boss we could have that new feature so it could be even more rewarding to players. Everytime you do that you could chose passive skills like: 5% more damage with your mount, 3% mov. Speed, 5% chance to increase crafting quality, 20 max weight and etc etc... It's a risky move? Maybe not maybe yes, but a lot of friends that I know love grids in-game, if not grids, a tree. Thanks! and good luck for the big release :)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Are there any plans on tweaking the mutation system? As it is now, mutations can end up on color regions that do not exist on the current dino and also on speed (which of course does nothing). This is especially apparent when breeding Basilos, since they only have 2 color regions out of 6 possible.

Also, even if both parents have the exact same mutation, the baby ends up having the same mutation counted twice (for breeding), and thus you might reach the cap even if you never had more than one mutation higher up the line.

2. The variety in "fashion" in Ark is really lacking. Would you consider a system where you can turn a piece of armor into a skin? (so we can for example put a desert gear skin on a piece of flak armor). I love the look of the desert gear, finding it the coolest looking piece of armor there is.. but it's not very functional outside of hot areas.

13 hours ago, Sindrala said:

Could you make an overhaul of characters' animations? Current ones lack of swiftness, they could benefit from having for example three new animations for walking, running and sprinting.

I agree i always felt that the current animations are so stiff it would be nice to see most animations changed like the attack animations and stance.

1.Will the hitboxes on some creatures get some reworks? Some creatures can be hit in spots where nothing registers despite the arrow clearly sticking out of the model.

2. Will tames such as the troodon and titanoboa  be revised in the TLC patch?? The costs to tame either of them are very demanding for the average player and I've almost never seen either be player owned.

3. Will there be some sort of major review on item prices? Some things such as the lance and camera seem crazy in what it takes to make them and just replace the fun of the game with unneeded grinding.

Can you make an option to take a certain amount of an item out of storage instead of either all of it or stack by stack? For example, if I have a vault full of hide and i can only move 9000 at a time, could you make it so that I can type In 9000 as a quantity instead of going through and grabbing 45 stacks one by one, it is very tedious on Xbox.

I've always wanted in a game to be able to create my own weapons. Like, a custom pistol, axe, with durability depending on the materials used to create the parts of the weapons and  the connections between them. It would be a lot of hard work, but I think it could be done. Imagine - every player can make their own dino saddle, type of wall, torch, weapon of any sort. They would be able to create a blueprint for the item and trade it players or share it online.

The second thing I want to ask is if there is going to ever be a terraforming feature in the game.

Would you guys consider making it possible to gain imprinting progress after an animal is already an adult? With the way imprinting currently functions it's literally impossible for someone with a full time job to get 100% imprinting on any higher tier animal on official servers. Not to mention it's a little unreasonable to make players lose sleep to try and get a perfect imprint. Even on unofficial servers if it's set up to make higher tier animals easy to imprint on some of the lower tier animals may grow up too fast and become impossible to get 100% on. I think it would work best if you guys implemented a special kibble that can raise the imprinting progress after something is already an adult.  And to make sure it's not overpowered the special kibble should be very expensive and only give as much imprinting progress as a single cuddle. The only ingredient I think would be unreasonable is element. That way players are motivated to cuddle as much as possible while the animal is young but not locked out if they can't manage to cuddle every single time. I think it's very important for gameplay to take into consideration players who can't devote lots of time in one session and have to play in shorter sessions.

Ark needs a crustacean of some kind. Like a giant crab or lobster that we could ride. And it should have a special kind of meat so I could have some cajun crawfish boils with them. That'd be great! :3

I know we already have giant spiders and all but I think it would be great if there was a giant tarantula on scorched earth. Like a decently high level carno sized tarantula. Perhaps it's gimmick could be that it can set up a few web traps that function like bear traps. I imagine it would look good if it was modeled after a Mexican redknee tarantula as they're very well known.

On 8/21/2017 at 3:43 PM, BigDally said:

1) Can you PLEASE turn down the volume on the animal footsteps, especially the REX or Carno.  Animal footsteps have always been over the top too loud, especially large animals like Rex, Carno, Spino, Bronto etc.  But after the 246 patch they make my ears bleed, and turning down SFX volume or other sliders to compensate pretty much mutes/muffles all the other sounds in the game.  At the very least can you expose a slider that would allow us to adjust mounted dino footstep volume ourselves leaving unmounted as is for now?  I love the ambient sounds in this game as they make it that much more immersive...that is until an over the top REX stomp totally bleeds my ears....  And after patch 256 the REX footsteps are even LOUDER!!!  Can you please look into this?  This is like the fourth time over several months I've asked/suggested this change.

2) I don't put speed on my REXes and I noticed they are much slower than before 259/260 patch. I re-read the patch notes and accordingly only the speed gained per level up should have been affected, and not the base REX speed?  It appears to me that unintentionally rex base movement speed has been negatively affected during the recent patch(es).   For example, my REX at 100% movement speed moves like he is partially encumbered after the update (with nothing in his inventory).  Could you please look at this and restore the base REX movement speed?

Oh I hate to ride my Rex because of its loud footsteps :) Same problem with all big dinos....

Hi I would really like to buy this game. The only thing holding me back is that I don't know how well it will perform. Can you please create some sort of a demo that would mimick the fps rate in game. My idea for it would be to have The Island and the player on a sort of God mode where he/she could explore The Island. However the player wouldn't be able to interact with anything and the dinos wouldn't interact with the player but dinos would still interacting with one another. Would this be possible?

Can we please have a respawn protection (ya'know when you respawn and you are into that animation that takes a long time to finish and then you get spawn killed by a dino?)

I made a topic about it with a simple design and explaining how it could work, please take a look; it will take you 30 seconds to read through it.

here is the link: 

THANK YOU!

Number 1 down.

1. Possible to see a personal vault inside tribe when placed, to protect of tribe-trolls? (Vault-setting get a point called "tribe property" and can't be locked again for personal use after switching)
  2. Exist a release date for Auction House at official servers?
  3. Comes a lowering of data anytime soon? I want to play only at medium textures + ragnarok Currently I don't need more GB

3.1 The placement of 3 obelisks at Ragnarok finally or they get a dislocation?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Thanks in advance! :)

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived