When is the next 2x Breeding event?

FeelingLotus

While breeding is incredibly strong and it can give amazing tames, I feel like the times are too long. I mean, c'mon, really. 28 hours for a giga to get to juve? They made the old 2x the new norm.. so why not do it for breeding too? A lot of people don't play this game simply because they don't have the time. If I had a life, I certainly wouldn't be able.

2 hours ago, FeelingLotus said:

I know we've been spoiled with two separate breeding events this month, thank you! Just curious if anyone has an idea when the next one will be? It's always nice to be able to plan ahead. Maybe upon official launch on August 8th? My birthday in September? Valentines? Throw me a bone here....

What events? 

Come on guys, requests for permanent X2 event on official servers? We already have permanent X1.5 from what it used to be.

Any more than it is now we might as well break out the "Office Depot" 'That was easy', button. Or here is an idea, play single player where you can tweak to any setting like 5 second tames and 1 minute raises. There, 'That was easy' :)

X2 permanent on official, not going to happen......

10 minutes ago, Palenor said:

Come on guys, requests for permanent X2 event on official servers? We already have permanent X1.5 from what it used to be.

Any more than it is now we might as well break out the "Office Depot" 'That was easy', button. Or here is an idea, play single player where you can tweak to any setting like 5 second tames and 1 minute raises. There, 'That was easy' :)

X2 permanent on official, not going to happen......

firstly i assume you mean we already have 2x from the standard-ratios on officials.

secondly, i rly appriciate a 2x on weekends, given the fact that there´s a lot of people who work during weekdays. at least they can then breed and imprint some good rexes during that time. also is it really that easy to 80+% imprint stuff, that takes 1-2 weeks to grow up? even for nolifers (that dont do accountsharing) this is quite the strain  as it is not healthy to interupt your sleep every 3-4h for that period of time. growing stuff up is not the problem with cooked stuff, but you´ll never get even remoteley high imprints if you lead a normal life during that.

breeding is a very strong feature, so its clear to say it needs some effort. but rather cap the points into stats for wild dinos than turn breeders into social-outcasts(drastically spoken). in my eyes its gotta be either 2x breeding on weekends or an overhaul of the completely unbalanced and buggy breeding system.

Hopefully next breeding event will be late next year or earliest valentines day

breeding events are stupid for official pvp, tribes raise tons of gigs brontos on event so in raids they dont care what so ever about losing tames,

big tribe - starts fresh kibble tribe, throws down a 100 bronto eggs, has army of easily bred brontos in hours...takes to other server or own server, has enough brontos to drain every turret imaginable,  not to mention how quickly you could do the same with a turtle army

same with gigs pop tons of eggs down thursday when event starts have fully raised gig army by friday of the next week, so many who cares if you lose a bunch

only way i could see breeding events like we have the past few months is have it be only apply to your first egg you drop..which even that could be worked around with multiple alt accounts but would still be a pain in the butt and they would not be imprinted to main

events = good for the little tribes ...but events = way to OP for big tribes (yes im in one of the bigger tribes) 

they make the game stupid easy 

need to go back to just 1.5x harvesting if anything on weekends even that i would not mind going away as long as oil gets buffed back up a bit

4 hours ago, RubeDragon said:

spoiled.... every one of you.

People who own refrigerators IRL are spoiled compared to all of the people on earth, and throughout history who didn't have them.

You know I had a bad infection a month ago, spent a week in the hospital getting shotgun IVs of antibiotics.  I survived, when a century ago I would have been 100% dead, no question about it.   I'm pretty spoiled, to have a nice hospital and modern medicine to save my life.  I have an automobile that can traverse North America easily and comfortably in less than 1% of the time the settlers did it.  I'm pretty spoiled.

Should we then hang our head in shame because the world progresses and gets better?  Does it make us bad people because we like the fact that we don't die of smallpox and influenza?

The breeding in this game is asinine at its base level.  Even at 2x, it would have aspects that are asinine, like the way imprinting works, and some dinos, like Gigas and Tusos, would still have ridiculous requirements that put them outside the realm of breeding except by people who will literally dedicate an entire weekend, plus part of every day for weeks on end, just to breed them.

It's unhealthy, literally contributes to poor physical and mental health, to indulge in this aspect of the game.

Frankly, asking for 2x rates, permanently, is a very small ask.  It's not nearly as much as what should be done.

If people are "spoiled" because they realize that not having their eyes gouged out is more fun than having their eyes gouged out, then I guess they're spoiled.  But that doesn't make them wrong, and it doesn't make you some rugged man's man.  It's a game.  It's supposed to be fun.  People are going to ask for things that make it more fun, because that's the point.

2x should be fix, with all the server issues, deaths due to lag/crashes, starved babies due to poopty patches.. yea i want to breed gigas and tusos, yea even in pve stuff dies sometimes and few ppl actually use the "war" function from time to time. if 2x gets norm ppl will stop breeding the server to the cap every time there is a event..imagine, you could actually breed stuff in se with a tektrough then.. without crying halfway through the babystate. 

1 hour ago, Shoosty said:

The breeding in this game is asinine at its base level.  Even at 2x, it would have aspects that are asinine, like the way imprinting works, and some dinos, like Gigas and Tusos, would still have ridiculous requirements that put them outside the realm of breeding except by people who will literally dedicate an entire weekend, plus part of every day for weeks on end, just to breed them.

thanks for pointing that out, really am of the same opinion!

10 hours ago, lonesurvivor said:

events = good for the little tribes ...but events = way to OP for big tribes (yes im in one of the bigger tribes)

so small tribes once more have to step down, because the bigger tribes are more important? heres a good quote for you:

1 hour ago, Shoosty said:

It's a game.  It's supposed to be fun.  People are going to ask for things that make it more fun, because that's the point.

and that doesn´t only include big tribes in pvp, which only are a minority of the whole playerbase

14 hours ago, BrownieShytles said:

thanks for pointing that out, really am of the same opinion!

so small tribes once more have to step down, because the bigger tribes are more important? heres a good quote for you:

and that doesn´t only include big tribes in pvp, which only are a minority of the whole playerbase

the part you quoted, i dont think you understand, breeding events dont help the smaller tribes, even if you think they do, small tribe can raise a couple dinos during a breeding event, while big tribes can raise hundreds, and with those hundreds can get hundreds more eggs so the next event can hatch even more etc, further separating the ranks, small tribe raises a gig , big tribes raise 100 and walk over smaller tribe not giving a crap if they lose one of the many gigs they just raises while small tribe was so happy they finally got a good imprint on one is all but meat 

mind you this is just a quote for pvp, think breeding events for pve are great and they can have as many as they want for all i care fill those server dino caps so no one can hatch anything

17 hours ago, Shoosty said:

People who own refrigerators IRL are spoiled compared to all of the people on earth, and throughout history who didn't have them.

You know I had a bad infection a month ago, spent a week in the hospital getting shotgun IVs of antibiotics.  I survived, when a century ago I would have been 100% dead, no question about it.   I'm pretty spoiled, to have a nice hospital and modern medicine to save my life.  I have an automobile that can traverse North America easily and comfortably in less than 1% of the time the settlers did it.  I'm pretty spoiled.

Should we then hang our head in shame because the world progresses and gets better?  Does it make us bad people because we like the fact that we don't die of smallpox and influenza?

It's unhealthy, literally contributes to poor physical and mental health, to indulge in this aspect of the game.

Frankly, asking for 2x rates, permanently, is a very small ask.  It's not nearly as much as what should be done.

If people are "spoiled" because they realize that not having their eyes gouged out is more fun than having their eyes gouged out, then I guess they're spoiled.  But that doesn't make them wrong, and it doesn't make you some rugged man's man.  It's a game.  It's supposed to be fun.  People are going to ask for things that make it more fun, because that's the point.

I think the basis of your entire discussion is pointless.

Want to make things real easy? Do not play.

Want to still play on easy mode? Play single player.

Want to play on your own terms with other friends? Play Hosted Multiplayer server with your own settings or someone else's, so you do not have to host it, plenty of them out there.

Wildcard from the VERY beginning has stated this game is not for everyone, by using one small term, that they still use today, thank goodness. HARDCORE.

Want it easier than Wildcard has it set for, you have multiple, multiple options. 

Not sure why everyone thinks the game should be the way THEY want it, this is WILDCARDS game. But they were nice enough to provide other ways to manipulate the game to your liking. USE them

Good day

@Palenor

If the discussion doesn't make sense to you, maybe it's because you've reduced it to a binary proposition, whereby if people don't want to treat the game like a second job, that they must want everything handed to them for free and to have "things real easy."

Almost nothing you wrote actually applies to this thread, and none of it applies to what I wrote (which is weird, since you quoted my post in its entirety).

For the MOST part I think the game is good (I think WC sucks at communication and customer courtesy, but that's not the game, it's the company), and while it is very grindy, I don't mind that.  I've pointed out a specific area where I think the game steps past the line from being grindy to being unhealthy.  If you disagree with that assessment, maybe we could discuss why we disagree about that, but spouting a bunch of nonsense about wanting the game to be a big gimme is really not addressed anything that any one is saying.

Personally, I'd like to be able to progress in a video game and ALSO have a full time job and ALSO go out on Friday and Saturday night and ALSO get a full 8 hours of sleep during the week.    Most games deliver on that, even games that are designed to be played for years and years and thousands of hours, like MMOs.  

You don't have to want the same things I want or like the same things I like, but if you want to criticize, then at least address what I am saying and not some reductive caricature that's in your own head.

25 minutes ago, Palenor said:

I think the basis of your entire discussion is pointless.

Want to make things real easy? Do not play.

Want to still play on easy mode? Play single player.

Want to play on your own terms with other friends? Play Hosted Multiplayer server with your own settings or someone else's, so you do not have to host it, plenty of them out there.

Wildcard from the VERY beginning has stated this game is not for everyone, by using one small term, that they still use today, thank goodness. HARDCORE.

Want it easier than Wildcard has it set for, you have multiple, multiple options. 

Not sure why everyone thinks the game should be the way THEY want it, this is WILDCARDS game. But they were nice enough to provide other ways to manipulate the game to your liking. USE them

Good day

Want to play HARDCORE?  Go play Dark Souls... or play an unofficial with the difficulty cranked up to 11.

4 minutes ago, Xeeta said:

Want to play HARDCORE?  Go play Dark Souls... or play an unofficial with the difficulty cranked up to 11.

HARDCORE is one of the main items they list to make it part of the game.

That means a lot of different things for different people, guess who gets to decide that for this game?

I am sure there are plenty of other games out there that are easier than this.

My whole point is this is not a game where everyone will or necessarily want to do all of the content, due to the hardcore nature of things.

But, just like everything else in life, something that is initially hard or seems impossible, when done/practiced/refined enough, becomes easier.

That holds true for every single item/task in this game.

• GP locked this topic

Archived