Tips on raising Gigas?

KingDain

Raw meat vs. Cooked meat vs. Dodo kibble? Im looking for what will keep a giga alive the longest while im at work. Will be juvenile at midnight have to start work at 8am so she will be a little aged but not much. No tribe help, solo player here. Have tamed and raised gigas solo before. Just looking for easier techniques.

On a serious note. Cooked meat to increase longevity of food and stack size. Also if you have an ally, have them place a few troughs outside your base that are within your Giga's eating range and ask them to stop by at midpoint to top off. Best suggestion I can offer.

Also fill inventory with cooked meat and if you have it one stack of preserving salt. 

I have never raised a giga but any time i raise meat eaters I do a lot of raw, a lot of cooked even some jerky and then I trry to have 300ish dodo kibble for each just in case as well. I leave the dodo kibble on them so that if the troughs run out they have that on them that only they eat. Also have a TON of meat ready, I would have at least 5-10 fridges full to start just to get it a good head start, maybe even more in case of twins or triplets.

So to give you little more break down just last night I tested the eating speed. So 3 stacks of 20 raw meat is good for 20 min. So if you have 38 stacks of raw that be good for 4 hours that give you the safety net of 2 stacks spoiling. Add 34 stacks of cooked with that and you are good for 10 hours. The animals i tested on was 3 Mosas. 

Archived